Closed Thread
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 07-23-2021, 11:26 AM   #851
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcherAG 93 View Post
No meltdown here. Itís just funny how t.u. fans have bashed the SEC for the past few years and touted the big 12 as the ďpremierĒ conference. Itís all goodÖ.looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That never happened. We bashed Aggy and their our conference is better than yours SEC SEC SEC BLAH BLAH BLA. LOL.

I actually said the Big 12 has been down because Texas wasn't doing it's part like OU.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Burntorange Bowhunter is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 11:32 AM   #852
Chad C
Pope & Young

****! Lol

https://twitter.com/umterps/status/1...504508931?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Chad C is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 11:36 AM   #853
c3products20
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiehunter11 View Post
How excited are y'all about yearly schedules with names like Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Ole Miss Georgia Florida.

It's a whole new world.

It just means more.
If I learned anything from this thread it's this. It won't matter who UT is playing. They are such a premiere establishment that they grace the other schools by allowing them to be on the same field as the Longhorns... They charitably give us "lessor" programs, the gift of, a small percentage of their massive financial holdings and payments. They do all of this out of pity, since those of us who don't bow to the golden bevo, are inferior beings with a much smaller capacity for mental function! It really must be difficult to be as intelligent as some you. Please, continue to advise us on how we should refer to the new champions of the SEC?
c3products20 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 11:39 AM   #854
El General
Ten Point

Hunt In: Coke County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fmjag64 View Post
Looking like PAC 12 for Tech if rumors are true but who knows. Not being that competitive in football makes the sting a lot less lol.

Money aside, that neither is bleeding for, I hope OU is ready for 7-5 seasons as the norm and for UT... haha well nothing changes for them except a few more spots further back on the bus. Never seen two fan bases, especially UT, so eager and happy to get their teeth kicked in hahaha. It is going to be funny seeing UT expect all the favorable treatment the Big 12 gave them then getting backhanded by the SEC and bent over by Bama. Careful what you wish for boys!
If this was true, the Texas and OU wouldn't be leaving. Both schools have been ****** off and done with the Big 12 for years.
El General is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 11:40 AM   #855
El General
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffK View Post
So if this were to happen, what season would they start playing in the SEC?
My guess is 2022 or 2023.
Old 07-23-2021, 11:44 AM   #856
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3products20 View Post
If I learned anything from this thread it's this. It won't matter who UT is playing. They are such a premiere establishment that they grace the other schools by allowing them to be on the same field as the Longhorns... They charitably give us "lessor" programs, the gift of, a small percentage of their massive financial holdings and payments. They do all of this out of pity, since those of us who don't bow to the golden bevo, are inferior beings with a much smaller capacity for mental function! It really must be difficult to be as intelligent as some you. Please, continue to advise us on how we should refer to the new champions of the SEC?
You got that from this thread? I must have missed that.

That certainly isn't what I think or what the local radio guys have been saying. It's quite the opposite.

Old 07-23-2021, 11:45 AM   #857
James
Ten Point

Hunt In: Everywhere

It’s funny how easy it is to tell apart Texas Grad Alumni from Sip “t-shirt” fans. In this thread, all over the Internet and in real life. Carry on
James is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 11:51 AM   #858
Chad C
Pope & Young

For the sources guys. 13-1 vote, no gentlemenís agreement.

The baseball is going to be a real treat.

Old 07-23-2021, 11:55 AM   #859
c3products20
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
You got that from this thread? I must have missed that.

That certainly isn't what I think or what the local radio guys have been saying. It's quite the opposite.

Exactly my point! It has to be your superior intellect...
Old 07-23-2021, 11:56 AM   #860
drop dead fred
Pope & Young

Hunt In: TX, Neb, Illinois, MEXICO

LETS GEAUX!!!!!!!

drop dead fred is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 12:04 PM   #861
Goodfellah
Eight Point

Hunt In: Jasper Co, Newton Co, Crystal City

Quote:
How excited are y'all about yearly schedules with names like Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Ole Miss Georgia Florida.

It's a whole new world.

It just means more.
If this happens, looking forward to games with A&M, LSU, and Alabama. Whatever for the rest of those. Going to miss Tech, OK State, and Baylor. Will not miss Iowa State, matter of fact, if this thing does implode and Iowa State gets a bad deal, look for Campbell to move. Hopefully it wonít be to the SEC.
Also, I can understand the asshurt aggy on here because this definitely will affect recruiting. Iím not saying you are one of the asshurt aggys but there are a few on here that definitely got soaked in it good during their time in college station.
Goodfellah is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 12:07 PM   #862
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Alabama will not be every year. You forgot Arkansas.

Old 07-23-2021, 12:13 PM   #863
SC-001
Eight Point

https://twitter.com/UnnecRoughness/s...33414991163399
Finding it ironic Texas is going to end up in the SEC and Baylor may end up in the PAC, talk about culture clash
SC-001 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 12:15 PM   #864
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County

I am afraid TCU is going to get screwed in all this. I hope they get picked up by the BIG 10 but I won't be shocked to see them get dropped back down to the group of 5 again.
BrandonA is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 12:20 PM   #865
Goodfellah
Eight Point

Hunt In: Jasper Co, Newton Co, Crystal City

Yeah I agree, put Arkansas in there
Goodfellah is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 12:24 PM   #866
El General
Ten Point

Quote:
No meltdown here. Itís just funny how t.u. fans have bashed the SEC for the past few years and touted the big 12 as the ďpremierĒ conference. Itís all goodÖ.looking forward to it.

I have literally never read that on this site or any other. Texas (and other schools) fans have argued that the SEC is overhyped, specifically that the SEC claim of the strength of the middle and bottom of the conference.

Nobody believes that Bama, LSU, Georgia aren't premier college football programs annually and that you can add Florida and Auburn to that list often. Mizzou has competed pretty well in the east, but not been a real threat to win the conference or in the national picture since they left the Big 12. South Carolina, Vandy, Tennessee, Ole Miss, Miss State, A&M, and Arkansas can give you some tough games, but they haven't been threats nationally or for the conference championship outside of a couple of good years for A&M and Miss State.

Those schools have either made poor head coaching hires or have not been able to keep the stronger head coaches that they have hired (outside of Texas A&M's fairly recent hire of Jimbo Fischer).

And, to be clear, Texas would have been an also ran in the conference for most of the last decade plus.

You can be the best conference in college football and be overhyped by the media.
Old 07-23-2021, 12:29 PM   #867
bossbowman
Ten Point

Hunt In: Bosque Brown Freestone Hill Navarro Counties

We need a modern MS paint take on this, anyone remember The Way of The World-Conference Realignment Redux in MS Paint from ten years back, died laughing at that
bossbowman is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 12:30 PM   #868
LukeDuke
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas, Kansas, Louisiana

ND has a huge role in the upcoming musical chair abolishment of the big 12 (assuming this is all heading towards a super-conference structure of 4 leagues with 16 teams each)

SEC needs 2 - Let's assume OU and texas
PAC needs 4 - tech, baylor, tcu, osu

BIG10 needs 2- isu, ksu
ACC needs 2 - ks, wv

If ND wants any of the above spots then one big 12 team will be left holding a bag!
LukeDuke is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 12:32 PM   #869
Chad C
Pope & Young

The ACC has 15 members. ND is the partial (15)

Old 07-23-2021, 12:34 PM   #870
El General
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeDuke View Post
ND has a huge role in the upcoming musical chair abolishment of the big 12 (assuming this is all heading towards a super-conference structure of 4 leagues with 16 teams each)

BIG10 needs 2- isu, ksu
ACC needs 2 - ks, wv

If ND wants any of the above spots then one big 12 team will be left holding a bag!
Notre Dame doesn't want to be in a conference. They are the only premier national brand left out there to grab. There deal with NBC is up in 2025. I'd predict they get a massive rights deal from Amazon, who wants to get in to live sports content and it will be relatively inexpensive to bid on ND's rights over bidding on the rights for the B1G or Pac 12, but NBC and CBS will also be in that contest as they will both be shut out of college football.

There is no way that the B1G adds KSU.
Old 07-23-2021, 12:36 PM   #871
ladrones
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeDuke View Post

BIG10 needs 2- isu, ksu
ACC needs 2 - ks, wv

You think the PAC would take on the religious schools?
ladrones is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 12:36 PM   #872
El General
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladrones View Post
I don't.
Old 07-23-2021, 12:38 PM   #873
Aggiehunter08
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The World

Aggiehunter08 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 12:39 PM   #874
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

And B1G isn't taking both states.

Old 07-23-2021, 12:48 PM   #875
Brock Middlebrook
Pope & Young

Default College Football Summer Ramp Up...

Quote:
Alabama will not be every year. You forgot Arkansas.

If there is an out of division rival going forward, Bama would lose theirs as they might be in a division with their old cross division rival under some of the current models.

Last edited by Brock Middlebrook; 07-23-2021 at 12:51 PM.
Brock Middlebrook is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 12:50 PM   #876
bossbowman
Ten Point

Hunt In: Bosque Brown Freestone Hill Navarro Counties

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladrones View Post
Only scenario I see them taking them is if they fear they might be raided by the Big 10 or do get raided by the Big 10. I could see Big 10 doing that before taking Big 12 leftovers. There is also some talk if Big 10 offered Mizzou they would leave the SEC.
bossbowman is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 01:25 PM   #877
Cajun Blake
Associate Sponsor

Hunt In: public & pvt land

Quote:
I get change is inevitable .... Too much history to just erase..... Lots of fans are gonna be the ultimate losers here.
Speaking of change and conference transformation, remember when Tulane and Georgia Tech were members of the SEC ? I do Thought the world was gonna end when they exited stage left ... eventually I got over it. Should the SEC 16-team super-conference come to fruition, 5-10 years from now you will appreciate it. The merger will benefit ALL conference schools in ALL sports.

History is being erased and changed everyday due to MONEY and POLITICS. Amateur sports is a gazillion dollar industry that is primarily controlled by the fans and their support & participation. By allowing sports to be priority #1 and consuming your life, you will end up arguing on message boards with complete strangers while never changing their opinions & beliefs.

20, 30, 40 years from now when you're Burnadell's age and become much wiser , you will ask yourself this question ... WtheF was I doing wasting my valuable time arguing over petty BS.

Fans - will only be the LOSERS if you choose to live in the past and not accept change. There's nothing you, I , or Ray Charles can do to prevent the decisions that are about to be made by University leaders. SEC fans will have to live with the cards your team is dealt, accept reality, and continue focusing on the ultimate goal of winning a National Championship. Fans of any particular University crying over spilt milk and complaining about big brother makes them look like a sore loser.

In honor of the late Mills Lane ....

Cajun Blake is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 01:41 PM   #878
Chad C
Pope & Young

With Texasí sovereign immunity law in play, Texas canít be sued for buyout. They will negotiate an exit. Should this get announced Monday or Tuesday, Iíd say thereís a good chance 2022 is when the party gets started.

Only the state legislature can waive immunity. The grant of rights provisions are not that easy to enforce against departing members. Not here.

Last edited by Chad C; 07-23-2021 at 01:47 PM.
Old 07-23-2021, 01:42 PM   #879
MacDaddy67
Pope & Young

College football will never be the same…..

Gonna be some epic games though…..

OU/UT have seen the writing in the wall for a few years now …..
MacDaddy67 is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 01:59 PM   #880
Cajun Blake
Associate Sponsor

Hunt In: public & pvt land

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad C View Post
With Texasí sovereign immunity law in play, Texas canít be sued for buyout. They will negotiate a buyout
Heather Dinnich (? sp) reported last night that both Texas and Oklahoma will likely have to pay around $75M each to leave the B12. Attorneys will argue and negotiate for less. The final buyout number will be considered miniscule when considering how much money is about to be generated.
Cajun Blake is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 02:04 PM   #881
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty

Quote:

Things that NEVER happened for 1000, Alex!!!

These false sentiments only prove how little aggy has actually been listening over the years.
Dale Moser is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 02:14 PM   #882
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3products20 View Post
You didn't learn anything from this thread, unless you picked up some delusion. That is a really jacked up view of the reality in front of you.

Someone needs to clarify for me, is it Texas' and Ou's jobs to look after the smaller programs in the big 12, or not? I mean aside from providing the basis for which they got payed what they did for quite a few years...? There is no argument Texas has sucked at football for a decade, and not pulled their weight in that regard, but they along with ou are still why the big 12 was being payed what they were for a LONG time....everyone realizes that, right?

Why was it not atm's job when they left?

This may be a new level of butthurt...even for some real all stars.
Dale Moser is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 02:19 PM   #883
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Wasn't the 4 super conference plan based on a 4 team playoff? Conference winners in.

Old 07-23-2021, 02:23 PM   #884
220swift
Ten Point

Hunt In: South, East, and Central Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
You didn't learn anything from this thread, unless you picked up some delusion. That is a really jacked up view of the reality in front of you.

Someone needs to clarify for me, is it Texas' and Ou's jobs to look after the smaller programs in the big 12, or not? I mean aside from providing the basis for which they got payed what they did for quite a few years...? There is no argument Texas has sucked at football for a decade, and not pulled their weight in that regard, but they along with ou are still why the big 12 was being payed what they were for a LONG time....everyone realizes that, right?

Why was it not atm's job when they left?

This may be a new level of butthurt...even for some real all stars.
Don't confuse everyone with the facts.....
220swift is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 02:27 PM   #885
160class
Ten Point

Hunt In: Searching..

Quote:
Wasn't the 4 super conference plan based on a 4 team playoff? Conference winners in.

I think originally it was, but I think now its mostly for the next run of TV (streaming deals) and with the new NIL its about creating your own governance and telling the NCAA to kick rocks and quit making money off of us for nothing.
160class is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 02:32 PM   #886
Heath
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Cool places with Cool people

Quote:

Until they realized they could make more money off an expanded playoff than just a 4 team playoff.
Heath is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 02:35 PM   #887
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

So conference championships would become irrelevant. Odd. I guess they kinda were anyway if the 12 team playoff happens. Perhaps the champs are rewarded with a bye.

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 07-23-2021 at 02:37 PM.
Old 07-23-2021, 02:35 PM   #888
Aggiehunter11
Four Point

Hunt In: Lohn, Fowlerton, Austin Co.

https://twitter.com/SoonerBredPod/st...59250170716168

Aggiehunter11 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 02:40 PM   #889
150class
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Uvalde, Boerne

Quote:
Man that about killed me

Looks like itís all but official at this point with the talks occurring for over 6 months.

Letís get this party started!
150class is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 02:40 PM   #890
El General
Ten Point

Quote:

It is also about breaking away from the NCAA.
Old 07-23-2021, 02:42 PM   #891
drop dead fred
Pope & Young

Quote:
So conference championships would become irrelevant. Odd. I guess they kinda were anyway if the 12 team playoff happens. Perhaps the champs are rewarded with a bye.

So much for your constant only conference champs in playoff spill

Old 07-23-2021, 02:44 PM   #892
El General
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun Blake View Post
Heather Dinnich (? sp) reported last night that both Texas and Oklahoma will likely have to pay around $75M each to leave the B12. Attorneys will argue and negotiate for less. The final buyout number will be considered miniscule when considering how much money is about to be generated.
I have seen everything from $70 million to $160 million each. Reading the GOR agreement, it sounds like they would have to pay the equivalent of two years of distribution, which is something like that lower number, but it is confusing enough to not be clear.

Maryland has already gone through this with the move from the ACC to the B1G. They owed $52 million and ended up settling for $31 million.
Old 07-23-2021, 02:44 PM   #893
Fmjag64
Ten Point

Hunt In: NTX & WTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun Blake View Post
Speaking of change and conference transformation, remember when Tulane and Georgia Tech were members of the SEC ? I do Thought the world was gonna end when they exited stage left ... eventually I got over it. Should the SEC 16-team super-conference come to fruition, 5-10 years from now you will appreciate it. The merger will benefit ALL conference schools in ALL sports.

History is being erased and changed everyday due to MONEY and POLITICS. Amateur sports is a gazillion dollar industry that is primarily controlled by the fans and their support & participation. By allowing sports to be priority #1 and consuming your life, you will end up arguing on message boards with complete strangers while never changing their opinions & beliefs.

20, 30, 40 years from now when you're Burnadell's age and become much wiser , you will ask yourself this question ... WtheF was I doing wasting my valuable time arguing over petty BS.

Fans - will only be the LOSERS if you choose to live in the past and not accept change. There's nothing you, I , or Ray Charles can do to prevent the decisions that are about to be made by University leaders. SEC fans will have to live with the cards your team is dealt, accept reality, and continue focusing on the ultimate goal of winning a National Championship. Fans of any particular University crying over spilt milk and complaining about big brother makes them look like a sore loser.

In honor of the late Mills Lane ....

I just can't imagine you would have the same opinion if the roles were reversed and Bama/Auburn no longer played. No Georgia/Florida, LSU/Bama MSU/Ole Miss, etc. Same as the SEC, certain Big 12/SWC/Boarder Conference schools have played each other since college football was in its earliest days.
Fmjag64 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 02:45 PM   #894
c3products20
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220swift View Post
Don't confuse everyone with the facts.....
The facts are definitely the least confusing part of that "paragraph"!
Old 07-23-2021, 02:46 PM   #895
drop dead fred
Pope & Young

Quote:

Goodness there isnít a more fitting scene in movie history that fits it better! Bon voyage got me good

Old 07-23-2021, 02:48 PM   #896
El General
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad C View Post
With Texasí sovereign immunity law in play, Texas canít be sued for buyout. They will negotiate an exit. Should this get announced Monday or Tuesday, Iíd say thereís a good chance 2022 is when the party gets started.

Only the state legislature can waive immunity. The grant of rights provisions are not that easy to enforce against departing members. Not here.
They could sue them in a different state.
Old 07-23-2021, 02:59 PM   #897
SoTXAg06
Ten Point

Hunt In: Lavaca Co. TX, Arkansas

Quote:
Oh look, another "die hard" fan that never attended said school. Lol maybe if you studied as hard as you keyboard warrior'd you could've gotten in. And how is this little man syndrome???? Facts are facts bro. It played out how it played out.

Who the **** cares? That stuff is weak and played out. I was the first out of my family to graduate from A&M. My dad went to college for a bit (not A&M), but he supported my decision and rooted for A&M. Should he not have been a fan because he didnít go there?

I donít know most if any of these people from Adam, but Iíve been here long enough to see a bunch of these guys step up and offer people help when in need. They seem like good enough people, even if they like wearing burnt Orange.

SoTXAg06 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 03:05 PM   #898
Fmjag64
Ten Point

Hunt In: NTX & WTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoTXAg06 View Post
Who the **** cares? That stuff is weak and played out. I was the first out of my family to graduate from A&M. My dad went to college for a bit (not A&M), but he supported my decision and rooted for A&M. Should he not have been a fan because he didnít go there?

I donít know most if any of these people from Adam, but Iíve been here long enough to see a bunch of these guys step up and offer people help when in need. They seem like good enough people, even if they like wearing burnt Orange.

Haha Cry me a river lol. It was clearly a play on UT Walmart T-shirt fans. You know, they say Aggies like sheep, Raiders have rash, UT are t-shirt fans... And most of us go back further than this thread. We all got acquainted on the college baseball thread. Aggies/Longhorns/Red Raiders bust each others balls. Is what it is.
Fmjag64 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 03:08 PM   #899
Chad C
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by El General View Post
They could sue them in a different state.

Highly unlikely to be heard

The Mike Leach saga is a good follow

Last edited by Chad C; 07-23-2021 at 03:13 PM.
Old 07-23-2021, 03:20 PM   #900
James
Ten Point

Hunt In: Everywhere

I just cant Believe the Horns are willing to give up the 15 yard Horn Down penalty
James is offline   Back To The Top
Closed Thread