Closed Thread
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 07-23-2021, 08:21 AM   #751
Brock Middlebrook
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad C View Post
I’d say it’s only going to get worse if the check clears. How quickly will Finebaum go from irrelevant to….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Add Herbstreit in the mix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brock Middlebrook is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 08:23 AM   #752
Fmjag64
Ten Point

Hunt In: NTX & WTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
Tech preparing for life in G5?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Looking like PAC 12 for Tech if rumors are true but who knows. Not being that competitive in football makes the sting a lot less lol.

Money aside, that neither is bleeding for, I hope OU is ready for 7-5 seasons as the norm and for UT... haha well nothing changes for them except a few more spots further back on the bus. Never seen two fan bases, especially UT, so eager and happy to get their teeth kicked in hahaha. It is going to be funny seeing UT expect all the favorable treatment the Big 12 gave them then getting backhanded by the SEC and bent over by Bama. Careful what you wish for boys!

Last edited by Fmjag64; 07-23-2021 at 08:26 AM.
Fmjag64 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 08:25 AM   #753
Deerslayersh
Eight Point

I couldn't keep up with this thread, so it may have already been said:

The SEC doesn't really have a choice but to take Texas and OU. They've made it clear they want out of the B12, and the risk of them joining another, competing conference is too great for the SEC. Texas and OU in the Big10 would diminish the SEC's dominance a lot (I'm not sure the Big10 would allow OU in for academic reasons - it would make OU and Nebraska the only schools in the conference not in AAU).

No matter your opinion on the schools, the SEC would be foolish not to vote UT/OU in. As a UT alumn who travels to road games, I would prefer the Big10, but there's no doubt the SEC is the current powerhouse and I'd be happy to be a part of the conference. I'd love to renew the rivalry with TAMU; not sure why they're so against this move.
Deerslayersh is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 08:28 AM   #754
SoTXAg06
Ten Point

Hunt In: Lavaca Co. TX, Arkansas

Does this round of conference reshaping finally force ND football to play in conference?

SoTXAg06 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 08:40 AM   #755
Fmjag64
Ten Point

Buddy that's pretty connected and usually in the know just texted and said it's a done deal. No shock but would be nice to see an official report.
Old 07-23-2021, 08:41 AM   #756
Chad C
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoTXAg06 View Post
Does this round of conference reshaping finally force ND football to play in conference?

You’d think so

Chad C is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 08:45 AM   #757
Heath
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Cool places with Cool people

Quote:
I think their association with the ACC allows them to stay independent until there is a pressure to go to a Super League with 4 leagues with 16 teams. If ND joins a conference the ACC has their rights. I think they are the last one to jump in the boat and they are going to let this play out.
Heath is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 08:47 AM   #758
2Lazy2P
Ten Point

Hunt In: NE Texas/SE Oklahoma

Quote:

If the playoff goes to 12 teams, I would think that Notre Dame has more reasons to stay independent.
2Lazy2P is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 08:52 AM   #759
Chad C
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Lazy2P View Post
If the playoff goes to 12 teams, I would think that Notre Dame has more reasons to stay independent.

This is also very true, considering the typical love they get.

Old 07-23-2021, 08:54 AM   #760
SoTXAg06
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath View Post
I think their association with the ACC allows them to stay independent until there is a pressure to go to a Super League with 4 leagues with 16 teams. If ND joins a conference the ACC has their rights. I think they are the last one to jump in the boat and they are going to let this play out.

Probably so.

I would rather have the SEC pick up Texas, leave OK out, and poach Va. Tech from the ACC, but that’s for
selfish reasons. An A&M vs. Va. Tech game at Lane would give me a no doubt reason to go back for a visit.

Old 07-23-2021, 08:55 AM   #761
Smart
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tom Green County
Default College Football Summer Ramp Up...

Quote:
Prominent Big 12 source tells the American-Statesman the Texas-OU move to the SEC is almost done. "They've been working on this for a minimum of 6 months, and the A&M leadership was left out of discussions and wasn't told about it." Move could become official in a week.

Are you not entertained…

Oh wow…. A&M left out of the discussions? That’s not a lot of respect shown for the SEC west 2nd place champion.

And I’m extremely entertained
Smart is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 09:01 AM   #762
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fmjag64 View Post
Looking like PAC 12 for Tech if rumors are true but who knows. Not being that competitive in football makes the sting a lot less lol.

Money aside, that neither is bleeding for, I hope OU is ready for 7-5 seasons as the norm and for UT... haha well nothing changes for them except a few more spots further back on the bus. Never seen two fan bases, especially UT, so eager and happy to get their teeth kicked in hahaha. It is going to be funny seeing UT expect all the favorable treatment the Big 12 gave them then getting backhanded by the SEC and bent over by Bama. Careful what you wish for boys!
You think that A&M is currently ahead of OU as a program? They went 8-1 last year. OU is a national championship favorite this year. Why would they be 7-5? They would skull drag Arkansas, Ole Miss, Miss State, Auburn and all of the east teams except Georgia and Florida. Seems as if you are disgruntled. Jealous maybe.

Won't Texas get the same recruiting boost A&M did? Being that they already have top 10 classes wouldn't that boost elevate them to Alabama, Clemson and Ohio State tertitory? Like 4-6 5 star guys each year?

I heard the Pac 12 may frown upon the academic standards of Tech, TCU and Oklahoma State.

Burntorange Bowhunter is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 09:05 AM   #763
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
I’d say it’s only going to get worse if the check clears. How quickly will Finebaum go from irrelevant to….

Agreed.

Old 07-23-2021, 09:08 AM   #764
Chad C
Pope & Young

WV has to be looking for an exit as this is going down. They’re the oddball when it comes to travel.

Old 07-23-2021, 09:11 AM   #765
JeffK
Ten Point

So if this were to happen, what season would they start playing in the SEC?
JeffK is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 09:14 AM   #766
SoTXAg06
Ten Point

Quote:
WV has to be looking for an exit as this is going down. They’re the oddball when it comes to travel.

ACC?

Old 07-23-2021, 09:19 AM   #767
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
ACC?

One would think.

Old 07-23-2021, 09:20 AM   #768
Chad C
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffK View Post

Depends, but I highly doubt it’s 2025.

Old 07-23-2021, 09:22 AM   #769
Heath
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffK View Post
It more than likely depending on the other teams in the Big 12. If 2-3 more teams jump ship, the Big 12 is dissolved and they would start in 2022 season. If the Big 12 tries to hold it together, then you are looking at the 2024 season unless there is some sort of buy out / exit fee. I can't see the SEC / Texas / OU giving the Big 12 much a life line; however, they are going to want to get these two teams in the league as soon as possible in my opinion.

I can not see Texas / OU in the Big 12 for several years knowing they are jumping ship. These road games are going to be fun.
Old 07-23-2021, 09:22 AM   #770
Chad C
Pope & Young

https://twitter.com/petethamel/statu...156379655?s=21

https://twitter.com/petethamel/statu...658566144?s=21

Old 07-23-2021, 09:24 AM   #771
drop dead fred
Pope & Young

Hunt In: TX, Neb, Illinois, MEXICO

Quote:
https://twitter.com/petethamel/statu...156379655?s=21

I’ll be tuned in heavily next week

drop dead fred is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 09:31 AM   #772
Fmjag64
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
You think that A&M is currently ahead of OU as a program? They went 8-1 last year. OU is a national championship favorite this year. Why would they be 7-5? They would skull drag Arkansas, Ole Miss, Miss State, Auburn and all of the east teams except Georgia and Florida. Seems as if you are disgruntled. Jealous maybe.

Won't Texas get the same recruiting boost A&M did? Being that they already have top 10 classes wouldn't that boost elevate them to Alabama, Clemson and Ohio State tertitory? Like 4-6 5 star guys each year?

I heard the Pac 12 may frown upon the academic standards of Tech, TCU and Oklahoma State.

Haha how can you speak on academics when you didn't even go to UT??? And jealous? How so and why? Jealous we aren't going to take a back seat to way better programs when we claim to be the best? Jealous that no matter what you do, you will not beat bama or win a SEC championship? Jealous that we didn't ruin a conference bc of greed and ran off many schools over the last 10 years then flee to a new conference? Jealous that we had to swallow our pride on a failed network we insisted on and now have to fall back in line with reality that we aren't as good as we thought and aren't "Back" ? I'm confused why you think this? UT couldn't win in the Big 12 and you think they are magically gonna win now in a harder conference? You sound just like Aggies trying to brag about being in a conference and boasting the achievements of the other schools to boost themselves.

So yea definitely not jealous in any way shape or form. Everyone is trying to get to the same playoff. Yall just taking a harder road.
Old 07-23-2021, 09:36 AM   #773
2Lazy2P
Ten Point

Hunt In: NE Texas/SE Oklahoma

Quote:
Some of the comments… Lol
2Lazy2P is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 09:37 AM   #774
SC-001
Eight Point

Quote:
Depends, but I highly doubt it’s 2025.

Depends if the remaining 8 hold together or fall apart, if they hold alliance they can drag this out and make it more painful for UT/OU and from notes I heard from last nights meeting that's the way its going right now. Make no doubt UT and OU want teams to start jumping ship to other P5 conferences, they wouldn't have to pay the grant of right penalty millions if the conference dissolved. Problem is I don't think its worth it to the PAC, BIG or ACC to take on any of the remaining teams as that only strengthens UT and OU financially (no GOR penalties) which in turn strengthens SEC which the other conferences don't want to see.
SC-001 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 09:38 AM   #775
CoolHandLuke
Ten Point

Hunt In: Del Rio

Talking to an LSU alum at the gym this morning who is pretty close to the program. Don't believe everything you read on the twit and interwebs. tu might not get the votes needed according to his inside sources... and he rubs elbows with $ guys in BR. Trust me... i have to hear all kind of **** from this guy but he seems to know before it all comes out. He is pretty solid.

I know that contradicts the local experts here...
CoolHandLuke is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 09:41 AM   #776
Chad C
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC-001 View Post
Depends if the remaining 8 hold together or fall apart, if they hold alliance they can drag this out and make it more painful for UT/OU and from notes I heard from last nights meeting that's the way its going right now. Make no doubt UT and OU want teams to start jumping ship to other P5 conferences, they wouldn't have to pay the grant of right penalty millions if the conference dissolved. Problem is I don't think its worth it to the PAC, BIG or ACC to take on any of the remaining teams as that only strengthens UT and OU financially (no GOR penalties) which in turn strengthens SEC which the other conferences don't want to see.

I’d assume they’d come to terms, so they could add quickly if they plan to survive. The AAC is watching closely.

Old 07-23-2021, 09:42 AM   #777
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
Talking to an LSU alum at the gym this morning who is pretty close to the program. Don't believe everything you read on the twit and interwebs. tu might not get the votes needed according to his inside sources... and he rubs elbows with $ guys in BR. Trust me... i have to hear all kind of **** from this guy but he seems to know before it all comes out. He is pretty solid.

The SEC and ESPN will make it happen. They'll get the votes.

Old 07-23-2021, 09:43 AM   #778
Chad C
Pope & Young

Quote:

It won’t matter if it’s the SEC, these two are gone.

But, I think this was done before the leak. Lol

Only the governor could stop it. But, somebody was hoping they could get the legislature involved.

Old 07-23-2021, 09:44 AM   #779
SC-001
Eight Point

Quote:

LOL ACC would love that, they are already lifting their skirt to UT/OU and they would go if SEC declined
Old 07-23-2021, 09:45 AM   #780
Heath
Pope & Young

I have a hard time believing that Texas / OU would not have the votes if they are this far down the path. If they filed for membership and are denied, I am sure there is some litigation that would come from that. I am sure there are guarantees in place.

I am hearing two different things. Texas is mediocre and Texas is a threat and shouldn't be in the voted in. You are telling me the SEC teams don't want a $15M increase in pay for a "7-5" team? Which way is it?

They do have leverage and don't have to make the jump. Their are options.
Old 07-23-2021, 09:46 AM   #781
Chad C
Pope & Young

Pretty incredible that they were able to keep this quiet as long as they did. Nobody outside the room has a clue.

Last edited by Chad C; 07-23-2021 at 09:52 AM.
Old 07-23-2021, 09:46 AM   #782
James
Ten Point

Hunt In: Everywhere

Quote:

My alumni contacts from other SEC schools are saying the same thing. Majority rather take OU and OKst then TU. They are toxic and not wanted. We shall see.

On a side note, if this does happen fast... what happens to all the scheduled games under contract the next several years? Do majority of those games stay on schedule or is it one Big domino effect and everything gets canceled and new schedules?
James is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 09:48 AM   #783
Adgerc15
Ten Point

Hunt In: The Big Country

Would A&M/LSU maintain Thanksgiving weekend or kick it back to A&M/Texas? Either one would be fun!

ac
Adgerc15 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 09:48 AM   #784
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fmjag64 View Post
Haha how can you speak on academics when you didn't even go to UT??? And jealous? How so and why? Jealous we aren't going to take a back seat to way better programs when we claim to be the best? Jealous that no matter what you do, you will not beat bama or win a SEC championship? Jealous that we didn't ruin a conference bc of greed and ran off many schools over the last 10 years then flee to a new conference? Jealous that we had to swallow our pride on a failed network we insisted on and now have to fall back in line with reality that we aren't as good as we thought and aren't "Back" ? I'm confused why you think this? UT couldn't win in the Big 12 and you think they are magically gonna win now in a harder conference? You sound just like Aggies trying to brag about being in a conference and boasting the achievements of the other schools to boost themselves.

So yea definitely not jealous in any way shape or form. Everyone is trying to get to the same playoff. Yall just taking a harder road.
Wow.

Lol.

You definately got a burr under your saddle. This whole comment sounded like it came from an Aggie. Lol.

You failed to answer the first question.

The whole academics thing. I merely stated what I heard.

Old 07-23-2021, 09:48 AM   #785
SC-001
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
My alumni contacts from other SEC schools are saying the same thing. Majority rather take OU and OKst then TU. They are toxic and not wanted. We shall see.

On a side note, if this does happen fast... what happens to all the scheduled games under contract the next several years? Do majority of those games stay on schedule or is it one Big domino effect and everything gets canceled and new schedules?
Same thing that happend when Nebraska Colorado left and when Aggie Mizzou left, arything get rescheduled
Old 07-23-2021, 09:49 AM   #786
James
Ten Point

Hunt In: Everywhere

Quote:
I have a hard time believing that Texas / OU would not have the votes if they are this far down the path. If they filed for membership and are denied, I am sure there is some litigation that would come from that. I am sure there are guarantees in place.

I am hearing two different things. Texas is mediocre and Texas is a threat and shouldn't be in the voted in. You are telling me the SEC teams don't want a $15M increase in pay for a "7-5" team? Which way is it?

Everyone know Texas brings a lot of money, that is the sole only reason to bring them in. It’s every other reason in the world not to bring them in. They just need to go Independent like ND
James is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 09:50 AM   #787
bigbad243
Ten Point

Hunt In: Fredericksburg and Hye Texas

Only people saying this isnt going to happen are Aggys lol
bigbad243 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 09:51 AM   #788
Heath
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Everyone know Texas brings a lot of money, that is the sole only reason to bring them in. It’s every other reason in the world not to bring them in. They just need to go Independent like ND
What are the other reasons?

Last edited by Heath; 07-23-2021 at 09:57 AM.
Old 07-23-2021, 09:52 AM   #789
Heath
Pope & Young

Quote:
Pretty incredible that they were able to keep this quiet as long as they did.
Same thing with the Sark and Chris Beard hire. Its amazing the Texas Athletic Department has been so tight lipped on these moves. Over the years, that office had the loosest lips of anybody in the country. The Board, the Ad, and the President are all in step together and its a great thing to see. It gives me hope that things are truly turning around in Austin.
Old 07-23-2021, 09:53 AM   #790
bigbad243
Ten Point

Hunt In: Fredericksburg and Hye Texas

First report you heard it here, a dude at some gym said no way it happens…. Then second report, guys has “alumni” connections, One reason to bring TX in, money, everything else about TX bad.
Aggy reporting at it’s finest ��
So entertaining haha
bigbad243 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 09:53 AM   #791
drop dead fred
Pope & Young

Hunt In: TX, Neb, Illinois, MEXICO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adgerc15 View Post
Would A&M/LSU maintain Thanksgiving weekend or kick it back to A&M/Texas? Either one would be fun!

ac

I want to start playing am earlier in the year

drop dead fred is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 09:55 AM   #792
Chad C
Pope & Young

The SEC's vote will be 14-0 even if it's not 14-0.

This is from a huge SEC Texas hater. Lol

https://twitter.com/barrettsallee/st...669873167?s=21

Last edited by Chad C; 07-23-2021 at 09:59 AM.
Old 07-23-2021, 09:57 AM   #793
SoTXAg06
Ten Point

Quote:

Same. From the brand recognition and added income, I have a hard time believing they won’t get the votes.

Old 07-23-2021, 09:59 AM   #794
Brock Middlebrook
Pope & Young

Hopefully Texas can draw Bama as a cross division rival.

Old 07-23-2021, 10:00 AM   #795
Brock Middlebrook
Pope & Young

When does Paul start the trolling process for bets.

Old 07-23-2021, 10:00 AM   #796
Chad C
Pope & Young

The PAC better get busy and add 4 or they might very well get poached.

Old 07-23-2021, 10:01 AM   #797
Heath
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post
Hopefully Texas can draw Bama as a cross division rival.
We are moving Bama to the East for yall. You should be helping us pack the moving van.
Old 07-23-2021, 10:03 AM   #798
Aggiehunter11
Four Point

Hunt In: Lohn, Fowlerton, Austin Co.

Quote:
Same thing with the Sark and Chris Beard hire. Its amazing the Texas Athletic Department has been so tight lipped on these moves. Over the years, that office had the loosest lips of anybody in the country. The Board, the Ad, and the President are all in step together and its a great thing to see. It gives me hope that things are truly turning around in Austin.

I imagine Abbott can't be happy this leaked. If he truly does have some power one way or another in this manner can't imagine he would want any reason to alienate Aggie, Baylor, TCU & Tech conservatives going into a tough primary.
Aggiehunter11 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2021, 10:05 AM   #799
Chad C
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiehunter11 View Post
I imagine Abbott can't be happy this leaked. If he truly does have some power one way or another in this manner can't imagine he would want any reason to alienate Aggie, Baylor, TCU & Tech conservatives going into a tough primary.

Fairwell tour

Last edited by Chad C; 07-23-2021 at 10:19 AM.
Old 07-23-2021, 10:07 AM   #800
Fmjag64
Ten Point

Quote:
What are the other reasons?
UT is a cancer and i could absolutely see why the SEC would be hesitant. They just dismantled a whole conference in which the majority of the issues stemmed from them. Why ruin a good thing. Good comparison, UT is California. They ruined their current home and want to flee elsewhere so they can start to ruin that as well lol. But in all seriousness, without the money they bring, they would never be in discussion to join on merit alone. They are their own worst enemy.
Closed Thread