Has anybody tried StaBall 6.5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anybody tried StaBall 6.5?

Wondering what your impression is when used. And what cartridge you loaded? Thanks for your response.

I been using it and h4350 for my 6.5cm. It works better for me than 4350. Gets better groups and higher velocity.

Comment

It works in some very well, where you use H4350 like said above it can be great. I have not tested it for temp stability but some say it is better than the other ball powders but not as temp stable as some of the more stable extruded powders.

Comment

It contains a copper fouling reducing chemical which reacts with copper in the bore and converts it to a dirty-looking residue which is ejected from the barrel with the next shot. This can easily be mistaken for powder fouling. Jun 28, 2021

This is true. Brass cleanup takes a while longer. Barrel swab gets the residue out easy enough.

Comment

I'm loading 44.6gr under a 140gr Berger hybrid with SRP in Starline brass. I'm right at max with flat primers but no cratering or sticky bolt lift. Velocity at 2820 average. Very good load on steel gongs at 800.

Comment

I picked up a pound of it to try in my .270 Winchester. It may not have a slow enough burn rate, as I am using a 140 gn bullet.

But there is only one way to find out if it’ll work, and that’s the fun part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by MUZZYSLINGR View Post
              I picked up a pound of it to try in my .270 Winchester. It may not have a slow enough burn rate, as I am using a 140 gn bullet.

But there is only one way to find out if it’ll work, and that’s the fun part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              I'll guess it will have best accuracy at 2850 to 2900 fps.

Comment

Working...
              X