Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SCCY CPX-2 Real World Opinions

Afternoon Greenscreen!

Looking for daily carry small hand gun options for my daughter who will soon be turning 21.

I have ran across this pistol SCCY CPX-2 (linked below) have read and watched many reviews, it seems to get good marks. Would like to know if you guys have any real world experience with this particular pistol?

I had one for a bit . Nice shooting cheap pistol . I did do a little trigger modification to it . If I remember right I just stretched a spring out some .

Comment

I bought one for my wife and it shot good and don't remember any ftf's offhand. She just has issues with anything that kicks so it is a .22 for her. Just have to remember how to pronounce it SCCY (Sky)

Comment

Had one, hated it. By far the worst, longest trigger of any pistol I've ever shot. I can highly recommend a SW Shield EZ for the women, though. Easy to load, rack and has a pretty decent trigger. I like my wife's well enough I am going to buy another one me to carry when the G17 is too big.

Comment

your daughter is going to jump out of a plane ... do you put a cheap parachute on her ?

i bought my wife a S&W ez and a tlr3 ... and no steel case wolf ammo ... she runs solid copper HP .

that's the best i can do for her ... i wouldn't go cheap on something her life depends on.

that might be a fine range pistol to plink with... but i wouldn't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
            your daughter is going to jump out of a plane ... do you put a cheap parachute on her ?

i bought my wife a S&W ez and a tlr3 ... and no steel case wolf ammo ... she runs solid copper HP .

that's the best i can do for her ... i wouldn't go cheap on something her life depends on.

that might be a fine range pistol to plink with... but i wouldn't do it.
            I agree, exactly why I am looking. I bought an XDS Mod2 3.3 but she feels its too big to conceal. I also have a Sig P938 but she feels there are too many working parts. I have higher end guns but none of them she feels comfortable with. If she isn't comfortable, she wont carry it. So if she won't carry, she doesn't have a parachute at all, hell of a conundrum!!

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
              Had one, hated it. By far the worst, longest trigger of any pistol I've ever shot. I can highly recommend a SW Shield EZ for the women, though. Easy to load, rack and has a pretty decent trigger. I like my wife's well enough I am going to buy another one me to carry when the G17 is too big.
              Thank you for the real world experience. Honestly, my biggest concerned was about the trigger.

Comment

Working...
              X