2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
    I don't think that's the right one Chew.
    Found that one in several places....but all sold out! That's a shame that something that works good is out of production.

Comment

Looks pretty straight forward and an easy 3d print

Comment

so you put the crab in the thing and mash it up whole or what?

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
          so you put the crab in the thing and mash it up whole or what?
          Pull the top shell and guts and it kind of rolls or squashes the meat out. I've never seen one in person but looks good in the videos.

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
            Pull the top shell and guts and it kind of rolls or squashes the meat out. I've never seen one in person but looks good in the videos.
            guess Id have to see it. Sound like you would end up with crab shrapnel in the meat

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
              Looks pretty straight forward and an easy 3d print
              You gonna hook us up?!?

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              guess Id have to see it. Sound like you would end up with crab shrapnel in the meat
              The way I saw you clean the crab and split in half (I already do) then roll it from the feet sides and it pushes the meat out.
              Attached Files

Comment

I sea now

Comment

Originally posted by CentralTXHunter View Post
                  Mystery fish is a Spadefish. Also, try fishing the nearer cuts. First and second cut can hold a lot of fish. I always find it funny that when we are fishing the surf from a boat, we’re trying to get close to shore, but when people are fishing from the beach, they’re trying to get as far out as possible. Don’t ignore the closer cuts. Look for bait and fish in the middle of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Don’t be a mutt. Guts not cuts.

Comment

Last Sunday - Texas bonefish

Yes - we have bonefish in Texas - here's your proof

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post

Now I will say that is cool! Caught a couple in Cozumel a few years back.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bubba View Post
                        Old timer told me to run them thru a cloths wringer.Never tried it but I don't see why it wouldn't do the same as the crab master.I don't see crab masters for sale any where on line.
                        I have a crab master too. The old guy down the street from me when I bought my place in Sargent used the an old clothes wringer and it worked better. Those are pretty hard to find too.

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post

Didn't know that! Thanks for sharing! corpus area?

Comment

I bet a pea sheller would work for cleaning crabs too. They use the exact same principle to push the peas out the shells...

Comment

Man! I decided to skip sea isle last night so I could fish the surf this am after looking at the forecast.

I'm a glutton for punishment so I'll probably try again at some point. I just cannot for the life of me ever fish the surf worth a ****. Fished it hundreds of times and I've only had two days ever I've caught fish.

Surf was perfect, flat, slight breeze, bait popping, birds. Threw DSL and spoon every way you can throw it for the last 4 hours. 3 gaff top, and foul hooked a small speck.

Not sure what my issue is with the surf. I swear somebody without a license, a zebco, and Vienna sausage for bait could stand next to me and fill an ice chest with trout.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

you may want to just trade your tackle and the rooster tail xpress for some golf clubs

Comment

Working...
                                X