2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chew View Post
    What reel would y'all buy right now for coastal/bay fishing? Has to be available on Amazon (I got some sto' credit). Saltwater resistant. Trout/redfish/etc. My zebco 33 Classic got wore out on some ladyfish.
    My favorite, for the price especially is the Concept 13 Origin TX Edition. I have 6 of them. They’re $100, cast great, hold up we’ll to heavy use. I haven’t killed one yet, and they’ve got some hours on them. Lol

Comment

What reel would y'all buy right now for coastal/bay fishing? Has to be available on Amazon (I got some sto' credit). Saltwater resistant. Trout/redfish/etc. My zebco 33 Classic got wore out on some ladyfish.
      Lew's Lew's Lew's, I like the Tournament Pro. I really dig the Concept A I got on BOGO a while back but my TP will outcast it in every situation. Concept A is just somehow fun to fish with, lighter/smaller feel (unsure if actual). I believe Lew's has a better drag which I've used the hell out of when these stupid Reds invade my trout hole.

Last edited by justletmein; 07-16-2021, 02:41 PM.

Comment

For spinning reels I have a couple of Shimano Stradics that have held up well for several years. The last couple of guides I've been with seem to be partial to Penn Battle III - I think in the 3000 size. Less expensive than the Shimano but reportedly reliable and strong

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
          Lew's Lew's Lew's, I like the Tournament Pro. I really dig the Concept A I got on BOGO a while back but my TP will outcast it in every situation. Concept A is just somehow fun to fish with, lighter/smaller feel (unsure if actual). I believe Lew's has a better drag which I've used the hell out of when these stupid Reds invade my trout hole.

https://www.amazon.com/Lews-Fishing-...dp/B07JNND8XB/
          My weapon of choice for the beat down today
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
            My son is on the way now, I think its still gonna be dirty

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
            Yeah, I do to, but I need to go fishing.

You still have my number? Text me a report if you can.
            Last edited by El General; 07-16-2021, 03:12 PM.

Comment

I have a team lews lite that i like alot.

The rest of my reels they dont make anymore, 13 Fishing Concept C + a few older chronarchs and old greenie curados, though you can buy used off ebay for most of them and I have done that with good success.

Comment

Trout tacos tonight. Dammit boy

Comment

Thanks for all the input and links on the reel. I have an old curado greenie, a lews speed pro that I used on this trip but it just didn't feel Stout enough. Also have a really nice daiwa advantage super tune. Just got the itch for something new
                  Last edited by Chew; 07-16-2021, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Trout tacos tonight. Dammit boy
                    Eat that mofo now.. gonna be all soggy by tonight.

Comment

Nice work TMurray.

Comment

Thanks for all the input and links on the real. I have an old curado greenie, a lews speed pro that I used on this trip but it just didn't feel Stout enough. Also have a really nice daiwa advantage super tune. Just got the itch for something new
                        ICAST is next week. Gonna be a lot of new reel releases. If you can wait a tad bit longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                          Eat that mofo now.. gonna be all soggy by tonight.
                          Just ate 4. It's night enough for me

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                            ICAST is next week. Gonna be a lot of new reel releases. If you can wait a tad bit longer.
                            Good info. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                              My favorite, for the price especially is the Concept 13 Origin TX Edition. I have 6 of them. They’re $100, cast great, hold up we’ll to heavy use. I haven’t killed one yet, and they’ve got some hours on them. Lol
                              What's the difference between the TX at $99 and a tx2 at $300? [emoji15][emoji15]

Comment

What's the difference between the TX at $99 and a tx2 at $300? [emoji15][emoji15]
                                Origin is their low end line. Concept is their high end line.

They just redid all of their concept line and they came out end of last year? Haven't heard anything about them and haven't seen many reviews.

Comment

Working...
                                X