X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
    I wouldn't think a mailbox would get stolen either but it did

Of course about 10mi down the road a guy pretty much stole a house too

Guy just started tearing an old brick house down and people started stopping and offering $$ for this and that. Probably had 50-75% of it gone before someone reported it.
    House was right on US 69 (Major highway) in front of where the walmart is near I20

Plans already in place to have a gate up in the near future. Going to be funny to watch the idiots that drive in with a trailer and find a gate and have to back out 1/8mi or more
    Gonna be even funnier when you pull in behind them and tell them you just ran out of gas.

Comment

That's a shame

Comment

Follow up?
        Hope you nailed them!

Comment

Even when you google "Mail Box Theft" it retorts to "Mail Theft" because mail box theft isn't even a thing.

Comment

Somebody helped themselves to mailbox on backside of my place.

Got me a crystal clear plate pic with mailbox in frame, 5min later got them on the way out and mailbox gone.

Report filed with SO and planning to press charges.
            If the postal inspector will do anything I will pursue that too

Not the first little thing that has vanished, most of which I would have gladly given to anyone that asked
            Postal inspector - yes! Tampering with a mail box is a federal offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
              Postal inspector - yes! Tampering with a mail box is a federal offense.

Yes Ma'am, sure is.

Comment

Hate to hear that Bryan

Comment

Think my deputy has been on vacation a few days

Going to text him tomorrow to see what the status is

One way or another the perp will pay. Maybe Class C theft, hopefully tack on some trespassing, or possibly the postal inspector will get involved

I have a good plate number and good enough pictures to show mailbox there, then 5min later gone

I promise I will follow up, just nothing new yet

Comment

Shame on the thief. Take them to jail. Sorry for your troubles!

Comment

Got call from deputy this morning

The short version:
                      He stopped by the residence the car is registered at a few times (3 I think) and could not make contact. Given the value of the mailbox makes it a Class 3 misdemeanor he is suspending the investigation.
                      Said without identity of driver there was nothing really he could do
                      Said he believes it could be kid
                      Also said he was sending pic to patrol officers and that if they crossed paths with vehicle it might lead to identity of driver and reopening case.

So I am going to hit the postal inspector up and see what they can do. Probably nothing too but then I will pursue other methods of identifying driver.
                      Have an idea but don't do social media so may have to employ some of my coworkers to do some research on the book of faces

Guess if you steal something little and avoid contact by LE for a time they just drop it. I know they have bigger things going on and that just a pic of a vehicle carries no proof of who was driving.

Gate going up soon and the more I think about it the more I lean toward building on my deeded property line and closing off about 1/4mi of oil top.

Comment

Hate a thief

Comment

Got call from deputy this morning

The short version:
                          He stopped by the residence the car is registered at a few times (3 I think) and could not make contact. Given the value of the mailbox makes it a Class 3 misdemeanor he is suspending the investigation.
                          Said without identity of driver there was nothing really he could do
                          Said he believes it could be kid
                          Also said he was sending pic to patrol officers and that if they crossed paths with vehicle it might lead to identity of driver and reopening case.

So I am going to hit the postal inspector up and see what they can do. Probably nothing too but then I will pursue other methods of identifying driver.
                          Have an idea but don't do social media so may have to employ some of my coworkers to do some research on the book of faces

Guess if you steal something little and avoid contact by LE for a time they just drop it. I know they have bigger things going on and that just a pic of a vehicle carries no proof of who was driving.

Gate going up soon and the more I think about it the more I lean toward building on my deeded property line and closing off about 1/4mi of oil top.
                          In this day and time one needs to do everything that he/she can to keep thieves away from your chit. My son lives just up the road from me on land that once was mine, so…..there’s no fence between us. My driveway has an electric gate, (easily defeated but a detriment to entering), and his has a gate that they never close. So this morning several someones drive two tractors and a pickup or one ton in his gate and proceed to drive all the way around my 80 acres. Probably mowers trying to find the pipelines that are right behind my place, but it could have been anybody. Needless to say I chewed a little azz about that open gate since he’s a consultant and makes enough money in two days to pay for a nice electric gate opener. I’ve lived here 25 years and never had any theft. ADT sign on my gate probably helps. Criminals want easy and the more difficult it looks, the less chance you’ll get hit. Now that I’ve ran my mouth I’ll probably get hit next week !

Comment

BT, my personal experience with postal inspectors...

I had a similar situation a couple of years ago.. Sheriff WOULD not do anything, even after the kid admitted to him he did it.

I called Postal Inspector, approximately 8 times, 3 months later they called me back.
                            Said they won’t do anything, acause it wasn’t worth their time to investigate. They had more important matters to worry about.

Good luck to ya.

Comment

I think deputy would write them a ticket and criminal trespass them IF he was sure who was driving car

Comment

Found out some info today and passed it on to the deputy

Apparently there is a possibility it was someone that was a previous owner/heir

We will see if anything comes of this new info

The impression I got when I talked to deputy was that I told him the name of the registered owner

Comment

Working...
                                X