Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Costa Rica fishing advice

Originally posted by Mary View Post
    I felt like Los Suenos was too touristy for me. Love Quepos/Manuel Antonio much better.

Quepos is fantastic. Have been going there for several years. Just got back last week! There are plenty of places to stay. Hotels, resorts, Vrbo’s, and Air B&B.
    There are a lot of charter options. Seas are pretty calm Dec-April, so you can get away with a smaller boat offshore. I’ve had some fantastic days with Los Mono’s Sportfishing, Frenzy Sport Fishing, and Quepos Fishing Adventures(I think John sold out).

Pura Vida
    Last edited by Matthew; 07-09-2021, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HOOKNBULLET2 View Post
      I’ve fished both extensively. The OWC is held in Quepos. But, we practice out of Los Suenos. Boats are fishing the same water. Similarly to what others have said, Los Suenos is like Port Aransas and Quepos is like Seadrift.

Neither are bad. Los Suenos is just a one stop shop which is what the OP asked for.
      You own a boat down there?

Comment

Costa Rica fishing advice

I loved fishing the Southern part/Oso peninsula way more than Los Suenos and Quepos. I have fished with Crocodile Bay near Puerto Jiminez and they do a great job. I prefer the Golfito area and Zancudo mainly because I spent more time there. Zancudo Lodge is great. My guide moved back to the states so I haven't been back in a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by TX CHICKEN View Post
          I loved fishing the Southern part/Oso peninsula way more than Los Suenos and Quepos. I have fished with Crocodile Bay near Puerto Jiminez and they do a great job. I prefer the Golfito area and Zancudo mainly because I spent more time there. Zancudo Lodge is great. My guide moved back to the states so I haven't been back in a few years.
          I've been to Matapalo (flew in to Puerto Jiminez) a couple times...have never fished there so can't compare. BUT...it is definitely a favorite!

Comment

We bought a trip through Ducks Unlimited and wound up in Tamarindo, fishing with Gofishcr.com

Trip was myself, my wife and another couple. The owners set us up in a 2bd 2bath condo, they handled all excursions, fishing, etc and we had an absolute blast. We caught a ton of fish, Marlin, Swords, tuna, dorado, etc. Only thing we didn't get on was rooster fish, my next trip with them will be dedicated to rooster fishing.

Steve and Liisa are originally from Canada but live there in Tamarindo full time, they will set up whatever you want in a trip. I haven't been to any of the other places mentioned but had a great trip with gofishcr.

Comment

Los Suenos is more like a Port Arthur, Quepos/MA Port Aransas and Oso Mansfield. Oso is a long car ride or a short flight on a rickety plane from SJ so its keeps the tourists away. Caught fish in all three but Oso has something like 3% of the worlds wildlife and is just an amazing place. If you go to Oso look up fishing maestro, hombre can fish. Also great surfing.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                You own a boat down there?
                No Sir. I was interested in buying the Tranquilo until I heard the price.

Comment

Los Suenos, Captain Bubba Carter, we caught several sails, Mahi, and Marlin in January, highly recommend Bubba Carter, been twice and will be back.

Comment

Check out https://tulemar.com/ for a rental. Private beach and walks to food. More secluded than Quepos but a quick drive for Fishing.

Comment

Working...
                    X