Why is Walleye Not Available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is Walleye Not Available?

Why is Walleye not available at any restaurants and seafood departments here in Texas? Is there a legal reason behind this?

Tilapia is easier and cheaper to acquire would be my guess.

Comment

Man... Walleye just doesn't freeze well. Fresh it's amazing. Frozen... just not the same.

Comment

I think it's pretty expensive for the restaurants to get it down here. I would love to be able get some good walleye!!

Comment

Game fish just like bass and crappie

Comment

There's a place I go to here every month or two and do Walleye fish and chips. We have Walleye in the lakes here but it's listed as Alaskan Walleye on the menu, not sure if it actually comes from Alaska or if that's the species but either way it's good.

Comment

Only a few lake in the state have them. They quit stocking them a long time ago.

Comment

I had some once in Fargo. Even frozen, (I’m assuming), it was delicious !

Comment

Culver’s serves walleye.

I brought a bunch of it back from Nebraska. **** good eating fish. Like exceptional.

Comment

Walleyedirect.com sells it.

Not Cheap.

Comment

they aren't native here so it has to be shipped and a lot of locals have never had it so there is not the market for it.

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
                        Culver’s serves walleye.

I brought a bunch of it back from Nebraska. **** good eating fish. Like exceptional.
                        Yep. Used to be a Culvers in the Woodlands, but I don't know if it's still there.

Comment

I'd put fresh walleye fillets fried up on a lake beach right there with Crappie. I've never had it frozen so can't speak to that.

Comment

Used to be Walleye Wednesdays at the place at Bass Pro in Grapevine. Was good stuff

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
                              Only a few lake in the state have them. They quit stocking them a long time ago.
                              I didn’t know any lakes in Texas had them?

Comment

Working...
                              X