Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very cool

Comment

Cool pic, Todd. I've never seen one before...now one will probably land on my head some October morning as I doze before the sun comes up.

Comment

lol Great picture. We see them on spotlight counts in the Eastern Williamson County river bottoms from time to time. Have never seen one during the day. Must be nocturnal?

Comment

Great pic! They are still around all over east Tx. I raised three pet ones once. Used to trap them in grade school to sell, and one I had in a cage awaiting sell gave birth to three young ones. I raised those as pets and played with them often. Can’t count how many times they would get “lost” in the sofa and other furniture for a few days.

Comment

This falls under the “learn something new every day” category for me. Did a little google search. I had no idea we had them in Texas, or that they are nocturnal. Great pic!

Comment

Haha, cool pic! Don't remember ever seeing one.

Comment

Rocky?

Comment

When I was going to SFA in Nacogdoches,Tx we were in the woods collecting leaves for a forestry class. Came up on a dead tree with a hole near the top. This thing was more rotted than I thought. I was going to shake the tree to see what might come out of the hole. When I pushed on the tall stump the whole thing fell over and there was a whole nest of them. Only time I have ever seen them.

Comment

Working...
                  X