Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cellular game cameras ... which one to buy ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
    Because your numbers are wrong. It’s $5/month for additional cameras. If you’re paying something different, you need to call them.

I’ll use my personal scenario as an example. I run 9 coverts and pay monthly for 5000 shared pics amongst those 9 cameras. It’s $9.99 for first cam and $5 for each additional camera. That is $49.99/month

For fair comparison, I’ll use Reveals 500 pics per month(per camera) plan. That’s 4500 shared pics for 9 cameras (500 short of Covert). That plan is $8/month for first camera and $7.50 for each additional camera. That’s $68.00/month

So a monthly difference of $18.01 (I’ve left taxes out but assume Reveal would be even higher)

Yearly difference…$216.12

If I paid a yearly UNLIMITED plan for each with 9 cameras…

$888 yearly Tactacam

$719.88 yearly Covert

Yearly difference $168.12
    Thanks for breaking it down for me. I run coverts and had been wondering if I would be saving a lot if I had tactacams. I got blasted on here about trying to save a few bucks on two different asf feeders and trying to help someone out save some money but whatever. Thanks for posting the break downs of both plans. I hope you dont get blasted by the anti covert people for trying to help people save some money on covert vs tactacam

Comment

I like the Tactacams. I have two that work great. I only activate them for 4 months a year during hunting season and there isn’t an activation or deactivation charge. $25 per month for unlimited pics.

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
        Thanks for breaking it down for me. I run coverts and had been wondering if I would be saving a lot if I had tactacams. I got blasted on here about trying to save a few bucks on asf feeders and trying to help someone out but whatever. Thanks for posting the break downs of both plans. I hope you dont get blasted by the anti covert people for trying to help people save some money on covert vs tactacam
        Yes sir. I’m not concerned with getting blasted. Numbers don’t lie. Of course they’ll argue the price of coverts at $299 v. $139 make it a wash. And that’s a valid point.

I love my coverts. I do cuss them occasionally but usually user error. I just cannot imagine any camera out there having more features than their app has.

Comment

I have three SPYPOINT, all junk. I’ll be going back to traditional cams soon.

Comment

I paid $99 each for 2 Reveal cameras and $119 each for 2 Reveal X cameras.

I have the unlimited plan. 5,000 pics would only last me about 2 months. Tactacam charges $120 per year for unlimited on the first camera. Additional cameras are $96 per year. Find what works best for you. I’ve had several brands. The only one I’d stay away from is Spypoint. I’d never buy another one of those.

The App is very easy to use and the cameras are simple to set up.

Last edited by AntlerCollector; 07-04-2021, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
              I paid $99 each for 2 Reveal cameras and $119 each for 2 Reveal X cameras.

I have the unlimited plan. 5,000 pics would only last me about 2 months. Tactacam charges $120 per year for unlimited on the first camera. Additional cameras are $96 per year. Find what works best for you. I’ve had several brands. The only one I’d stay away from is Spypoint. I’d never buy another one of those.

The App is very easy to use and the cameras are simple to set up.
              5000 per month silly man.

Comment

Yes sir. I’m not concerned with getting blasted. Numbers don’t lie. Of course they’ll argue the price of coverts at $299 v. $139 make it a wash. And that’s a valid point.

I love my coverts. I do cuss them occasionally but usually user error. I just cannot imagine any camera out there having more features than their app has.
                Good deal. I think the jury is still out on long term durability of tactacam since they haven't been around more than a couple of years. Also I can't see beating customer service at covert. I had a problem with one of mine and they sent me a new camera promptly. They earned my business

Comment

I've had good luck with Spartans and Coverts. Had Spartans the longest, but my Covert seems pretty bulletproof so far. I also have a Tactacam that worked well last year, but certainly not the quality of the other 2 mentioned. A buddy uses the solar Spypoint on our place and one camera has been great while the other seemed like a dud so verdict still out there. We use them all accordingly though. Spartans and Coverts, since trusted more and higher quality, get placed on trails and places we need guaranteed pics and not to miss much. The ones we deem as a little "lower quality" (Spypoint/Tactacam) get put on corn piles or feeder pens and don't have to worry about missing things that way. They all can have their place and budget IMO. I still use plenty of regular TC also to put out in areas we may not hunt much to just soak and gain knowledge of an area for a full year or check periodically during season in case a surprise buck shows up.

Also to note, I have a set of 5 Cuddeback Cams on the Cuddelink system. I'm still getting used to them and it'll be the 2nd year running them. Really great for our Kansas place as we have little to no service most places and the system shines for that reason as you daisy-chain them to one another as long as the Home cam has enough service. Just have to play with settings for sending pics in a timely manner and have external chargers or solar. I like the idea of the system and its getting better IMO.

If I had to buy another I think I'd go Covert again or spend the $ on a Reconyx for longevity and quality.

Comment

5000 per month silly man.

Comment

I can only comment on my experience. Not a retailer, seller, don't have a sponsorship nor do I have an interest one way or the other.

For me and my cell cams, Tactacam Recveal X wins hands down for cell service, pic quality and initial purchase price.

Certainly have not tried them all, but have tried multiple, and the others did not either get service at my place or pics were very poor quality IMO.

Comment

Never going to buy a cellular game camera again, only going with the security cameras. The Reolink is way better than my Arlo Pro. This has a pan and tilt feature and the video quality is way better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by klepdo View Post
                          Never going to buy a cellular game camera again, only going with the security cameras. The Reolink is way better than my Arlo Pro. This has a pan and tilt feature and the video quality is way better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                          Which model Reolink? Pretty neat

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                            Which model Reolink? Pretty neat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by klepdo View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              What’s it cost monthly? Only t-mobile and veradon?

Comment

In for opinions

Comment

Working...
                                X