2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
    I can tell you on the older Flats Cats some of them cracked down the tunnel and that is the result you'd see. A good friend of mine has one, probably about a 94 model, and that happened to it. He made it back to the ramp but his hull filled up with water. Boat was totaled by insurance. He bought it back from his insurance company and had the hull rebuilt by Bill Allison and they added at least one additional cross member which is how the newer ones are built.
    Started to text ya and see if you had any insight on the deal. Been a busy few days for me and didn't get around to it

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I saw it, a buddy of mine went and checked it out the same morning you saw it. I don't know anything else. Not sure how they got it out.

Comment

Any of yall been hitting the surf? Saw some posts on FB and it looks like it was fishable this morning.

Comment

It doesn’t look bad in Surfside. I’m at work today. May give it a shot in the am but every swinging **** will be out there tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
            It doesn’t look bad in Surfside. I’m at work today. May give it a shot in the am but every swinging **** will be out there tomorrow.
            They already were today over here.

Comment

My uncle (Capt. David Wood) and I waded the LLM near PI yesterday morning and netted a couple dozen keeper sized fish, all on topwater, before 9 am. We kept a few for our family fish fry last night.

Six of us waded the same area this morning with similar action. Hannah landed a 24” speck (topwater) and then caught a black tip on plastic! That was exciting when she realized she was reeling a shark towards her! LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              My Flickr Photos

Comment

Shark! That’s cool as heck! Congrats

Comment

Awesome catch, rare to catch a shark on a tail.

Comment

Here are a few pics from my last week of fishing. It's summertime and that means lots of kids fishing which is a ton of fun. Also lots and lots of firsts this week. First fish, first reds, first trout, first keepers, first saltwater fishing, etc. It was a really fun week. It started off decent, got real tough and then got really, really good. The last few days have been the best of the year so far including the days we have gotten to fish the surf. I have had a couple days with 40+ keeper sized fish before 10am with a mix of speckled trout and redfish and a few decent gulf trout on top of that. It doesn't get much better.

Last edited by Capt Glenn; 07-03-2021, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Great pics guys!!

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Comment

2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread Part II

Great job Hannah!!!!

Glad to see matagorda is heating up Glenn.

5 days till we get the to put the hurt on some Louisiana fish.

Comment

Great pics glenn

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Way to go Glenn!

Comment

Working...
                                X