Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little League Baseball pitching rules

Hey guys,
    I was at a Little League 13 yr. old AllStar Tourney last night and witnessed a controversary. Just wondering what the rules are. Team "A" used a pitcher 3 innings, pulled him, then brought him back in the 6th to close out a close win. It was determined toward the end of the game that pitcher "A" was "burned" due to his pitch count and the required days of rest. The game was stopped and discussed and it was admitted that pitcher should have been burned. But nothing was done, and that team still got the win. Anybody on here know the rules? Thanks

I would have stopped the game until an official showed up. Prop to late now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Little League controversy? Who would have thought that was possible?

Comment

Losing team should have protested and more than likely manager of winning team will be suspended for remainder of tourney. But also the official book should have caught the pitch count and told the blue. But the burden to pull the kid is still on the manager.

Comment

Not sure what age group, but my buddies son was in Ganado last night and they got a W.

Will ask him about it tonight.

Also, he said it’s in the rules, parents can’t live stream the game either unless they have a permit.

Comment

Originally posted by rhyno_52 View Post
            Losing team should have protested and more than likely manager of winning team will be suspended for remainder of tourney. But also the official book should have caught the pitch count and told the blue. But the burden to pull the kid is still on the manager.
            This^^^^^

Comment

Technically he can return to mound to pitch. Here is what the rule says for 2021. For Intermediate level up to Junior Level: A Pitcher remaining in the game, but moving to a different position, can return as pitcher, but only once per game.

Comment

A few more details are probably needed to truly answer the question. But in general If everyone agreed the pitcher was ineligible then he would be removed and the game will be played under protest and the protest will be submitted to the protest committee. If they do not agree the player/pitcher is ineligible then the umpire make the determination based of the information provided and the player/pitcher may be left in the game but the game would again be finished under protest and the protest submitted to the protest committee.

Comment

Whats the pitch count to which he should be considered burned? I dont have a kid in little league, but I dont recall a number of pitches that I had to be pulled according to rules when I used to pitch. I do however know a pitcher can return to the mound after being pulled, although I didnt think he could could play another position in between being pitcher. Anyway, im in for the discussion as im interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

They protested. team A keeps the win manager is suspended for next two games that’s it,what does that teach the kids?

Comment

Yesterday my son was ejected from his 10u game along with the head coach in the middle of the first inning for this same thing. His coaches burned him Saturday letting him reach the max number of pitch counts. In their first game yesterday they decided to bring him back in and the other team called them out. It was an error by the coaches but it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by L.T.K.56 View Post
                        They protested. team A keeps the win manager is suspended for next two games that’s it,what does that teach the kids?
                        Uh to follow the rules !

Comment

That was a slap on the wrist.
                          So, they bring in the pitcher and win the game, Manager gets suspended for 2 games.
                          Sounds like it was worth breaking the rules to win the game.
                          I feel they should not be awarded the win.
                          Last edited by Crazzy; 06-28-2021, 10:53 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

I apologize in advance. Our 2004 team had a big part in these rules. Especially in the 12 year olds. My son Matt pitched, and Daniel caught. Then Daniel pitched, and Matt caught - all the way to Williamsport. Both kids began All Stars throwing about 71 or 72, and finished around 65. They both threw a bazillion pitches.

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
                              Uh to follow the rules !
                              Awesomeness LMAOOOOO good one.

Comment

Working...
                              X