No announcement yet.

Best cellular game camera for the money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have over 40 cell cams between snyper, covert, spartan, cuddeback, spypoint and tactacam. They all have their pros and cons, snyper takes the best pictures and cheapest data but there is zero customer support and a pain to setup. Coverts are reliable with good customer service but the picture quality is very average and they cost the most. Spartan is similar to covert but horrible customer service. Cuddeback will eat you alive in data charges and no app for their camera. Spypoints are the easiest to setup but randomly stop working and need updates. Tactacams are good but hard to find and also still the newest cell cam. I hope this helps

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Covert. I see cams on Amazon under 150. I have 2 of them with excellent results. I have had them out for over 8 months. I like them over the blackhawk

Comment

Has anyone picked up one of the new Moultrie Delta cams yet? I’ve had pretty good luck with Moultrie non-cell cams in past. Just wondering how the Delta compared to the Tactacam

Comment

Tactacam Reveal X - mine works flawlessly

Comment

Originally posted by dirtybay View Post
            Covert. I see cams on Amazon under 150. I have 2 of them with excellent results. I have had them out for over 8 months. I like them over the blackhawk
            Just bought 2 of the aw1 series myself. Haven’t set them out yet though. Got mine for $139 and can add them to my quarterly plan for $5 a month. I bought 2 Tactacam reveal x’s but sold them when I realized it would cost $25 a month/ $75 a quarter for 2 cams. I pay $40.75 a quarter for my 2 Covert cams now. Sticking with Covert. Had 2 out for 3 seasons. Haven’t had one issue or had to change batteries yet.
            Last edited by dc1986; 06-20-2021, 10:48 AM.

Comment

I use rechargeable AA and the covert solar panel on mine. Here is a pic on aw1 series.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dirtybay View Post
                I use rechargeable AA and the covert solar panel on mine. Here is a pic on aw1 series.
                Nice pic. Not much info out there on this cam and they discontinued it. I have 2 Code Blacks and 2 of the AW1 series. All 4 are set up the same. Amazon basics 2400Mah rechargeable batteries, Covert solar panel with a 6volt rechargeable battery in the pouch, and a booster antenna on conduit bolted to a t-post.
                Attached Files

Comment

Great idea!

Comment

Regardless of what camera you get, I would suggest getting the Reaktor solar power pack. You won’t have to buy batteries again. I use these on my Tactacam cameras. They will power just about anything 6v or 12v.

Last edited by AntlerCollector; 06-21-2021, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Which ones are recommended under the Amazon Prime Day deals?
                      Considering my property location, I would need access to my pics/video from several miles away.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                        Which ones are recommended under the Amazon Prime Day deals?
                        Considering my property location, I would need access to my pics/video from several miles away.

All you need is cell service to use cell cameras. It doesn’t matter how far away you are. Two of my leases are over 400 miles away. All I have to do is open the Tactacam App and look at my pics.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                          All you need is cell service to use cell cameras. It doesn’t matter how far away you are. Two of my leases are over 400 miles away. All I have to do is open the Tactacam App and look at my pics.
                          Thanks. I know nothing about them, obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post

Are the service plans expensive with the tactacam’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Trophy7 View Post
                              Has anyone picked up one of the new Moultrie Delta cams yet? I’ve had pretty good luck with Moultrie non-cell cams in past. Just wondering how the Delta compared to the Tactacam
                              Wondering as well about the Deltas.

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
                                Are the service plans expensive with the tactacam’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                If they are not the cheapest they are close. I don’t remember what I paid, but I have unlimited pics. I know the first camera cost a little more. It’s cheaper to add extra cameras to your account. I have 6 of them now. I can open the App on my phone and see all the pics. It’s very simple to use. I’ve owned Covert which is good but expensive. Spypoint which sucks. I really like these Tactacam cameras.
                                Last edited by AntlerCollector; 06-21-2021, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X