“Sucking” down surf rod holder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“Sucking” down surf rod holder

Yes…I know how it sounds but i saw some videos about creating suction in the PVC rod holder to get it to sink down in the sand

I tried it today at yes it does work, however I was wondering if a cap could be built using a PVC Tee with a hand air pump to create a Venturi effect to help sink it down easier.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have ever seen a ghost shrimp sucker they work great for sinking rod holders as well.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
      If you have ever seen a ghost shrimp sucker they work great for sinking rod holders as well.

No I haven’t, will check it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Beat me to it Glen!

Glen bought me one of these and showed me how to use it on a trip awhile back. They work great! I'll never pound another holder in and sure not gonna suck one in. Don't ask how I know it works though . Those ghost shrimp make some good bait too!
        Last edited by doug; 06-12-2021, 08:55 PM.

Comment

I remember those ghost shrimp suckers were somewhat common during the winter, when guys were going after the big reds and drum. Have not seen or heard of anyone using ghost shrimp in years.

Comment

I’ve been using this method for 15’ish years, works great

Comment

Fastest PVC rod sinker ever, works double duty when sheepies are eating at the jetties. Spend the money, you won’t regret it.

Comment

This is how we do it too. Works every time.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X