Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
    I don't think they are gonna start at 1pm today in FW
    Yeah, how would you like to be the TCU grounds crew working overtime to dry out a field for someone else to win your regional 😬

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
      Yeah, how would you like to be the TCU grounds crew working overtime to dry out a field for someone else to win your regional 😬
      no doubt lol

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
        La Tech is out. Won earlier against Bama then lost to NC State. Been a good year. Will be competitive next year as well.
        Yup, watched it to the end. NC State is going to give Arkansas or Nebraska a run for their money.

Comment

The Horns had a great weekend (33 runs, 5 runs allowed in three games), but saw a lot of weak arms. I've watched a ton of them this year and we can definitely make a run, but need to hammer down this weekend. Easy to get cocky after blowing a bunch of nobodies out of the water.

Comment

I intend to be home this weekend for the 1st time in months to watch up ALL of the baseball!

Comment

No way I thought lsu would make it to the regional title game. They won’t have much for pitching tonight but at least they’ve given themselves a chance. 9pm start will make for a long day tomorrow.

Comment

Hard to believe of the 8 Supers, only 1 is set with the remaining 7 still to be determined. I realize some of that weather related due to delays, but the loser’s brackets have fought exceptionally hard.

I also think the above is a by product of a Covid impacted season with weekend rotations getting the majority of the work, week day non con pitchers didn’t get much exposure. I think that’s why we saw so many bull pen melt downs this weekend. Hard to have 5-7 solid arms when many were only throwing inter squad ball during the week

Comment

Yep, 9 regional's have gone final and 2 Supers are set. Vandy/ECU and Miss St/Notre Dame

Comment

Playa. It has had a major effect of C-USA teams. Went to 4 game weekend conference series with two 7!inning games on Saturdays. No weekday games. When the conference season got underway the pitching staff did not get reps. Maybe threw intrasquad or competetive BP but that is not the same.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                      Playa. It has had a major effect of C-USA teams. Went to 4 game weekend conference series with two 7!inning games on Saturdays. No weekday games. When the conference season got underway the pitching staff did not get reps. Maybe threw intrasquad or competetive BP but that is not the same.
                      I didn’t realize c-USA was pitching abbreviated weekend games, that for sure has an impact. You can throw a starter & closer only and get thru 7 with no middle/long relievers needed.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out on the road to Omaha.

Tadlock took one of our weekend starters and moved him to closer. He pitched out of the bull pen some early in the season but down the stretch he was the was the Friday night guy. Closing out regular season games had been our Achilles heel.

Comment

Yep. That was exactly what they did. Both Saturday games were 7 innings. It made tourney time tough on the teams. Coaches did not like it and voiced it all year.

Comment

2021 College Baseball

DBU on to the supers.

I like beavers as much as the next guy, but everything from that part of the world can **** off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            DBU on to the supers.

I like beavers as much as the next guy, but everything from that part of the world can **** off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Wow. They were down 5-0 last time I checked.

Arky is down 2-0 early.

Comment

Originally posted by lab man View Post
                              Wow. They were down 5-0 last time I checked.

Arky is down 2-0 early.

The kid from Nebraska doesn’t throw hard but he is accurate and when it moves……it MOOOOOVES.

Comment

OM Rebels pulled it out on a tough USM team. AZ will be a tough task. Really wishing we had our ace for this run, but had TJ surgery couple weeks back. Middle relief is not strong so hope they really step up...

Comment

Working...
                                X