No announcement yet.

I never say I wish it'd stop raining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been waiting 3 weeks to start fencing my property. The road on the side of my house has been too wet to get trucks down it so my materials continue to sit at the McCoys yard.

In the middle of my rant last night my wife reminded me of the 3 month long burn ban we had last summer and how much I cursed that.[emoji19]

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by gandergitter View Post
        We took over 6" between 9 pm and 2 am Monday night. Bridges washing out, road damage, etc.......

But I know when it quits, its going to quit until October....... So we count our blessings and know hay will get cut later......
        You forgot about August 30 -September 1

Comment

If we don't get to complain about too much rain then ya'll folks living in the desert don't get to complain about the droughts!

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
            You forgot about August 30 -September 1

That ain't no lie!

Comment

I’m ok with rain (we live on a hill). It’s the ferocious wind that sometimes comes with it I could do without. That Burr Oak took one for the team or it might have ended up in the dining room. During the worst of it (before I chickened out and headed to the center of the house with the wife & pooches), I looked out our dining bay window and that sucker was up in the tree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                Ain't that the truth
                Dit----to

Comment

Originally posted by Mudcatz View Post
                  Yep, I’d take this rain over 2011 any day.

Amen to that. I will still take more in Llano. Lake Travis could use some more so I can keep my lawn green without water restrictions when it does cease. . Heck, we are under water restrictions in Travis Co.

Comment

We got 18 inches in 24 hours a couple weeks ago in fannett. Several houses that flooded in Harvey and Imelda flooded again. We don't need all the rain that's coming this week.

Comment

In the grand scheme of things, this is some fickle superstitious BS were are arguing over... Griping for or against ain't gonna change ****...

Comment

Those needing it I hope you get it but up on the Red we’re done, had enough don’t want any more!!

Comment

I just gotta say...if Trump was in the Oval Office I wouldn’t care if it rained the next four months.
                          But, to have this much rain and an idiot in office is just about too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I never say I wish it'd stop raining

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            In the grand scheme of things, this is some fickle superstitious BS were are arguing over... Griping for or against ain't gonna change ****...

True story!

Truth be told, we’d all like 1/2”-3/4” of rain a week, but that ain’t how she gets dealt out down here. I love Texas, but our weather is ****ed up!

That reminds me of a couple months ago, for whatever reason right around my house it was foggy as hell for 3 or 4 days straight...thick fog! I’d get a mile and a half away and it was just cloudy, but at our house it was really thick fog every morning....and never rained a drop. At the end of the week I walked by the rain gauge and dumped some out, and told my wife, “I’ve lived here 42 years, and for the only time I can remember, we got 5/16” an inch of fog.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Look on the bright side
                              Really glad Victoria, south and west are getting rain. I'm really hoping the WMA floods and pushes all the pigs concentrated on higher ground, makes for fun!
                              Hope all fresh water pushes more fish to the surf out of the bays for better surf fishing.
                              Hope the guys out west get a little more but been seeing what looks like more in the valley and south. I live near old rice fields and the only thing I like now is the water is flowing so hard its taking the mosquito larvae with it and give a slight break in the blood suckers. Beats the 35 inches from Harvey. The bright side

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                                It’s been raining like this in my neck of the woods since before Harvey. I’ve been cussing the rain for 6-7 years now. Maybe I need to start wishing for it to bring on a drought. Lol. The never cuss the rain thing comes from city slickers in the DFW/Austin area who worry about keeping their yard green.
                                Wrong! I heard it long before I ever seen the city. Then again a lot of people were trying to grow cotton without irrigation in West Texas.

Comment

Working...
                                X