No announcement yet.

A warning about Ruger pistols.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pick it up and shake it.never had a pistol rattle and I wont buy another.

Comment

Salts from the sweat off yo body will rust about anything including stainless.

Comment

I am pretty sure lengthy contact with water will rust most guns. Care to elaborate on this?

And just because you don't see rust on the outside does not mean the mechanisms are not rusted inside which in my opinion is a bigger problem

Comment

What do you expect out of a ruger lol.

Comment

Leather holster?

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
              My P365 has a stainless slide with a very good finish. I've gotten it wet on occasion, and it looks like new.
              P320 is what I had an issue with. Admittedly, self caused seeing I put it in a cloth holster for a length amount of time and was in Houston heat and humidity for the entire time.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                When they say "hardened alloy steel slide", they mean poorly blued carbon steel. I've owned two LCP's and both had rust issues. Now I'm not someone who treats his firearms like a hammer. I keep them lubed and oiled. The bluing on both guns was poor, contact with water for any length of time will lead to significant rust. When you see Sig, S&W, Springfield, etc. pistols selling for a little more, the reason is that the slides are stainless steel and have a good nitride coating on them. I won't own another ruger pistol that's not stainless.

Well I mean carbon steel is technically a type of alloy which can certainly be hardened to their liking. Sorry your not happy with the product but they didn’t exactly misrepresent the product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I guess I got a good one out of the litter cause if I have my pants on it’s in my back pocket in a “sticky” holster since 2014 and not a sign of rust and I swear a lot in the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot4900 View Post
                    I guess I got a good one out of the litter cause if I have my pants on it’s in my back pocket in a “sticky” holster since 2014 and not a sign of rust and I swear a lot in the summer.

I swear a lot during summer as well, due to the heat.

I also sweat as well.

Comment

I am a big fan of Ruger. My SR9c is my daily carry and have not had one jam or misfire at the range. I will not buy another S&W because of this issue.

The only rust I have experienced is on the magazine when I dont clean it after many times wearing it and sweating.

Sorry to hear you are having issues. Maybe contact them to see what they can do?

J

Comment

I’ve carried LCP’s for 10 years, never had any issues. I’ve bought 3. Gave 2 to my kids and bought a 3rd last year. I pocket carry in a leather holster.

Comment

So is this limited to ruger “lcps” or “ruger pistols” in general?

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                            I am pretty sure lengthy contact with water will rust most guns. Care to elaborate on this?

And just because you don't see rust on the outside does not mean the mechanisms are not rusted inside which in my opinion is a bigger problem
                            About 4 hours with splash on it.

Comment

Originally posted by tminc View Post
                              Pick it up and shake it.never had a pistol rattle and I wont buy another.
                              Reminds me of when I worked the Walmart gun counter in highschool. Old timers would check out the ammo selection by shaking a rifle round next to their ear. Rattling powder meant no good.

Comment

I pocket carried my Keltec PF9 for 9 years in a cheap pocket carry holster, and I sweat pretty bad. It had some minor rust pitting on the left side of the slide but that’s all. It went bang every time I squeezed the trigger with nearly 700 rounds put through it.

Comment

Working...
                                X