3x2 Receiver Adapter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3x2 Receiver Adapter?

I have a 3” receiver hitch on my truck and I have a 3” stinger with a 2” & 2-5/16” ball, but I need a solid steel, one-piece 3x2 adapter for my winch cradle and travel trailer weight distribution hitch. The Husky Towing 33129 is what I have in mind but apparently no one has them in stock. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks

Can’t use 2 adapters ? 3 to 2 1/2 2 1/2 to 2 ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
      Can’t use 2 adapters ? 3 to 2 1/2 2 1/2 to 2 ?

I've got those but there's lots of slop in it and they're a pain in the *** to get lined up and pinned.

Comment

Weld the 2 adapters together?

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
          I've got those but there's lots of slop in it and they're a pain in the *** to get lined up and pinned.

I welded a stop inside the 2-1/2 to keep the 2” from going too far in. Made them way easier to pin and with a little tongue weight I never feel the slop

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
            I welded a stop inside the 2-1/2 to keep the 2” from going too far in. Made them way easier to pin and with a little tongue weight I never feel the slop
            I may have to do this. Sure seems like there would be a good, commercially available, "one piece" answer to the 3x2 dilemma.

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
              I may have to do this. Sure seems like there would be a good, commercially available, "one piece" answer to the 3x2 dilemma.
              That would be an expensive "bushing" for a very limited market. 3"X1/2" wall tubing with no welded seam inside, is essentially what we're talking about. One could be built from 3"X1/2" bar, and 2"X1/2" bar, beveled, welded, and ground, the proper way, and a hole drilled for the pin.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                That would be an expensive "bushing" for a very limited market. 3"X1/2" wall tubing with no welded seam inside, is essentially what we're talking about. One could be built from 3"X1/2" bar, and 2"X1/2" bar, beveled, welded, and ground, the proper way, and a hole drilled for the pin.
                I guess that's why they're so hard to find. Husky Towing makes one that sells for $35-$40, but NOBODY has it in stock. There's a composite one on Amazon, but it gets poor reviews and costs $90

Comment

Have you checked with redneck trailer parts, or Caple Shaw?

Comment

Reducer sleeve slides inside 3" receiverAccepts all 2" hitch accessoriesZinc plated steelRounded corners5/8" hitch pin hole

Did you try google or is this not what you are looking for?
                    Last edited by AgHntr10; 06-02-2021, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      Have you checked with redneck trailer parts, or Caple Shaw?

Not specifically, I just Googled it every way I could think of. I'll check them, though. Thanks

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                      https://www.finditparts.com/products...iABEgI1j_D_BwE

Reducer sleeve slides inside 3" receiverAccepts all 2" hitch accessoriesZinc plated steelRounded corners5/8" hitch pin hole

Did you try google or is this not what you are looking for?
                      Didn't really want the extended, welded type but the other one looks like what I want. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X