Fishing in Maui

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fishing in Maui

My wife and I are going on our Anniversary Trip to Maui at the end of July. Looking at maybe go fishing one day. Any recommended charters?

ttt

Comment

Was there a few years ago. I fished with "Start Me Up" and would not recommend. Just felt more like a boat ride. Sorry could not help.

Comment

Originally posted by WilliamL View Post
        Was there a few years ago. I fished with "Start Me Up" and would not recommend. Just felt more like a boat ride. Sorry could not help.
        Thanks. We went fishing in St. Lucia and that’s what it felt like too. Just rode around for 4 hours.

Comment

Would not recommend a fishing trip out of Maui. Number 1 you will not keep your fish if you do catch any. Number 2 like the others have said it more of a boat ride than a fishing trip. The fishing off Maui is very tough any time of the year. I would recommend doing any other activity as there is so much to do over there.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig G View Post
            Would not recommend a fishing trip out of Maui. Number 1 you will not keep your fish if you do catch any. Number 2 like the others have said it more of a boat ride than a fishing trip. The fishing off Maui is very tough any time of the year. I would recommend doing any other activity as there is so much to do over there.
            Thank you!!

Comment

Not on topic but you have to take the Road to Hana. Half way up there will be a small hut that sells banana bread. I think it's called "half way to Hana". You'll see some boar's heads mounted on the home in the back. I hope it is still open. BEST STUFF ANYWHERE! Like crack that stuff is sooo good. The drive is a white knuckle event, but very well worth it for the views.
              Last edited by WilliamL; 05-26-2021, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Maybe go axis, pig, goat, turkey hunting instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig G View Post
                  From my/our experiences this couldn’t be farther from the truth. I guess it would dependent on you captain/charter. We have done 6 hr trips, picked up on a beach in a Zodiac and taken to the boat, caught plenty of fish and given the opportunity to keep all fish caught which were yellow fin tuna, dolphin/mahi mahi, snapper are a few I recall.

On another note my daughter who was just married over the weekend sent me pics from the Florida keys this morning and they limited out in several species.

Comment

I fished with Die Hard adventures out of Maui last October and we didn’t catch a fish. I would not recommend using them.

Comment

If you want to catch some fish to eat do a bottom fishing trip, four of us went just for the heck of it on Strike Zone Bottom Fishing. We killed them, it helped that we all knew how to fish and almost everybody else on the boat was from Japan.

The four of us ended up catching the most fish, I think around 25 or 30. Took them home and fillet them out and had a fish fry. The whole trick was when the captain said ok drop them down the first 2 or 3 people that got to the bottom first got fish then the spot would get spooked out. Then we would move and do it again. I think it was like $65 a person.

Join us for a great day of bottom fishing and deepsea sport fishing aboard Maui's Strike Zone, a 43' Delta, departing from Ma'alaea Harbor. With over 100 years of experience fishing in Maui, Hawaii.

Comment

Originally posted by WilliamL View Post
                        Not on topic but you have to take the Road to Hana. Half way up there will be a small hut that sells banana bread. I think it's called "half way to Hana". You'll see some boar's heads mounted on the home in the back. I hope it is still open. BEST STUFF ANYWHERE! Like crack that stuff is sooo good. The drive is a white knuckle event, but very well worth it for the views.

Yes this is on our list!!

Comment

Paging Maui-Diver

He will have answers for you.

Sounds like a fun place to go!

Comment

We fished out of Maui 2 years ago and wasn’t worth the money.

Comment

Send Mauidiver a pm he USTA live there

Comment

Working...
                              X