DOT regs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOT regs?

I was told today any company truck/trailer combo over 10K gvwr is a “commercial vehicle” and needs DOT number decals, driver log, fed/med, driving test, etc.

True? I always thought inside Texas you were free of DOT regs short of 26k and cdl reqs. Maybe I was misinformed.

10k is a half ton w/small atv trailer.... Hard to believe every truck pulling a landscape trailer around Houston is following/subject to DOT regs.

Pretty sure you were right.

Comment

This chapter may be cited as the Texas Commercial Driver's License Act. Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 165, Sec. 1, eff. Sept.…

Try this MAYBE

I was looking under 522.003

Just click on 522.003 than scroll down.

Comment

Believe that's incorrect but the ineptitude and job killing ability of DOT regs nothing would surprise me, especially with the huge shortage already of commercial drivers

Comment

I thought it was if you had a trailer that was over 10,000 gvwr ?

Comment

DOT regs?

According to this if your vehicle has a GVWR over 10k lbs or a GCWR over 26k lbs you are considered a commercial vehicle

Comment

Thanks folks. Does the 10k threshold then apply if moving between states?

Also curious if any of this applies to personal travel trailers; or businesses only.

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post

Also curious if any of this applies to personal travel trailers; or businesses only.
                Commercial vehicle, if the truck is a commercial vehicle (commercial insurance, company owned, etc) and you pull your personal travel trailer I believe you fall under the DOT Reg's. Not sure about all other states but I believe NM and OK are also 10K for commercial.

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post

Yes. Interstate requires a med card. They have been cracking down on that.

Unless you make money moving campers, then No.

Comment

Working...
                  X