No announcement yet.

2021 Summer Food Plot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got a rain, out of last 10 days worth of “take shelter it’s gonna be bad... and nada”. Got 3/4”.

I had great soil moisture anyway. I’ll go check Thursday. That will be 1 week. I expect a high percentage of germination

Comment

We got .6” out at camp today. With as wet as it was when we plowed/planted we should have some seed really start to pop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Day 6. We are up and going

Few hog tracks but no rooting. Turds the size of cord wood, so probably a worthy opponent
        Attached Files

Comment

Mix of sunflowers, buckwheat, millets, milo, and soybeans. Something for every critter. Got 5.8” of rain on it so looking for good things.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BC1C4AED-82C3-47B4-81B8-53975B880AD9.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	267.3 KB
ID:	24650635

Comment

I just got my lease plots in the ground today. No pic of them after dragging, I was too busy I guess. Iron clay peas in this plot and two others. Buckwheat in two other plots. The bottom pic is the wheat I had before mowing.
            Attached Files

Comment

2 weeks growth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

10 days in this plot is looking pretty darn good. Hit with a heavy dose of 13-13-13 on Friday. Weather forecast looks really good to get it watered in.

Comment

Storms been dodging us pretty hard out north of Bangs but managed to pick up .5” overnight/this morning. Good start on fertilizer. Want more!

Comment

VERY VERY disappointed in my plot! Frustrated

Looks like 50-60% germination rate and mostly WGS it looks like. Very little lablab, soybeans or leafy growth.

I grain drilled, got no rain or germination for 7-10 days then got 7 inches on it

Comment

We had another .5” over night, so I think the fertilizer should’ve got watered in pretty good before the deluge came. Up to 2.75” now.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post

Looks like 50-60% germination rate and mostly WGS it looks like. Very little lablab, soybeans or leafy growth.

I grain drilled, got no rain or germination for 7-10 days then got 7 inches on it
                        Odd that you drilled and didn't get good germination. Assuming you used inoculant?

Comment

I'd give it a little more time. I planted straight soybeans and had 8 ft of water over them 10 days later. Thought they were done but went back a week later and pretty decent germination.

Comment

I want to plant a dove plot and it looks like now is the time for millet. As sure as I do it's likely to not rain again all year.

Comment

The ground may be a little too cold. Peas and beans like warm ground and warmish night temps to really get going. Innoculant has nothing to do with germination or even getting a good crop. Innoculant makes sure your peas or beans capture nitrogen out of the air. Your stuff may make it yet.

I haven’t looked at my plots that we planted Friday. Too soon. I got my home plots planted Saturday. The two small ones to buckwheat, the large one with a soybean/IC peas mix.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Its May 18th and I have only planted 16 acres of about 100 acres total I intend to plant. And I just took a chance and planted that Sunday. RAIN. Then more RAIN. Then more RAIN. ground is soggy. I'm not planting till conditions are right and that is a wait and see game for now. RAIN tomorrow and Thursday forecasted. 2" yesterday. Normally I plant the last week of April thru the first week of May. Obviously not this year.

The elbon rye I normally roller crimp has gone to seed and is dead. Wheat is in hard seed and the deer are hammering the seed heads. The crimson is long gone.I drilled straight into the standing small grains and it worked fairly well....assuming seeds don't rot from more rain.

I'm gonna do a video next week all things considered . Every year is a new year with growing things.

Comment

Working...
                                X