Metal riser plastic grip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metal riser plastic grip

I have purchased a 23" target style aluminum/magnesium riser and a 17" aluminum riser. Both ILF. The target riser had a ridge that runs pretty well with my life line on my hand opposite the thumb ridge making it semi flat in the area of the thumb pad of the hand. Didn't care for it much at first but I've come to like it because it promotes the proper grip pretty well.

The 17" riser grip it the traditional rounded palm swell. It had a pronounce grain embossed into it. I was considering at some point to try to emulate that ridge on the 17" riser grip.

Question is: has anybody altered one of these plastic grips? Does the grain(simulated wood) run through the plastic.

Have you taken the grip off to look at the inside?

Comment

Originally posted by Cenizo View Post
      Have you taken the grip off to look at the inside?
      I took it off but that was before I had that/this idea. Suppose it might be a start.

Thanks, still wouldn't be too sure of through and through simulated grain, could be just a surface coating.

Comment

My guess is that it is just a surface coating, which the manufacturer would not put on the inside of the grip (money on something that no one would see). If you see in on the inside when you take it off, then you probably have a decent chance that it continues throughout.

Comment

Take the handle off and get after it with bondo making it how you want to fit your hand

Comment

Originally posted by Cenizo View Post
            My guess is that it is just a surface coating, which the manufacturer would not put on the inside of the grip (money on something that no one would see). If you see in on the inside when you take it off, then you probably have a decent chance that it continues throughout.
            Took the one off of the target bow whilst I was working on something else the other night...that one was just surface. I'' check out the 17"er today.

Originally posted by RPB View Post
            Take the handle off and get after it with bondo making it how you want to fit your hand
            Probably best choice...but will wait till new wears off I think.

Thanks all.

Comment

Working...
            X