Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not much interest in Rangers baseball this year, but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not much interest in Rangers baseball this year, but...

At least they are finally getting rid of Odor. Hard to believe some thought he had MVP potential a few years ago. From that to being by most measures the worst player in the major leagues. Can't remember his contract but I think they will still owe him around $25 million.

Last edited by jerp; 03-29-2021, 03:34 PM.

He was terrible,but he was a scrapper!��

Comment

Hated him.

Good move.

Comment

Did he get released?

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
          At least they are finally getting rid of Odor. Hard to believe some thought he had MVP potential a few years ago. From that to being by most measures the worst player in the major leagues. Can't remember his contract but I think they will still owe him around $25 million.

Never saw anybody say he was MVP material but I do remember folks saying he was going to be dang good including myself. Hindsight is 20/20 though......

At the time though he was stroking the ball good and hitting a nice amount of dingers. He was also aggressive on a team full of weak hitting pansies (excep Beltre) at the time. He had his chance and fleeced this team financially, but its time for next man up.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            Never saw anybody say he was MVP material but I do remember folks saying he was going to be dang good including myself. Hindsight is 20/20 though......

At the time though he was stroking the ball good and hitting a nice amount of dingers. He was also aggressive on a team full of weak hitting pansies (excep Beltre) at the time. He had his chance and fleeced this team financially, but its time for next man up.
            But you do remember people on this site saying he was better than Altuve?😂😂😝😝

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
              But you do remember people on this site saying he was better than Altuve?😂😂😝😝

of course Odor didn't have a buzzer or trashcan

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                of course Odor didn't have a buzzer or trashcan

How do you know he didn’t? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

He can ride out of town in on the horse they gave him. I was a fan until he fell off the map. I’m a Ranger fan it will be a long year just hope it’s a fun one.

Comment

Was it the dropped popup to end Darvish bid for a perfecto that started his downhill slide? Seems like that was his breakout year too. One in the same?

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
                      How do you know he didn’t? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bang Bang!!

Comment

He had the potential to be a fan favorite - scrappy, aggressive, fearless free swinging little guy that takes no crap off anybody. He had all that, the only thing missing were results, which is kinda important....

Comment

Not a rangers fan but always wondered how he kept his job with an average around the Mendoza line.

Comment

He was bad, but he still threw one of the best punches in baseball history and crushed a dude we all hated, so I'll always remember him fondly.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                              Not a rangers fan but always wondered how he kept his job with an average around the Mendoza line.

The guaranteed contract blunder he was given after one of his good seasons. They couldn't afford to let him go and hoped he would break out of his slump. He showed signs all the time of doing so but then would drop right back into it the next season. When he slumped he sluuuuuumped. When he was hot he was hot! He just couldn't minimize the level of the slumps enough to be consistently average

Comment

Working...
                              X