Costa Rica Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Costa Rica Trip

Lindsay and I got back last night from 8 days in Costa Rica. This was a late anniversary trip due to COVID which we had planned for last September. Charles, Chuckfu on here was gracious enough to rent us his awesome place outside of Dominical to stay. Can’t say enough about Charles as a host, the property is awesome and his property mgmt folks are top notch. We had a lot of questions and they did a great job! The food was amazing...if you like seafood, CR is a dream! I ate ceviche everyday I think.

We explored up and down the Pacific coast from Osa peninsula up to Joco. Spent a lot of time in Utica, Dominical and Quepos areas. Lots of wildlife to see.

We fished one day offshore and a half day inshore with Benn on the Good Day. Weren’t able to raise any billfish, but caught 4 good size yellow fin tuna on the first trip. Able to catch a red snapper, jack and a rooster fish on the inshore day.

I can’t recommend this trip enough! Only thing I would change on future trips is more fishing...we are already talking about a fall trip and would do at least 3 full days of fishing.

Enjoy the pics!
    Attached Files

Love me some Costa!

Comment

Wow, looks and sounds great!

Comment

That’s awesome, looks like a great trip! Congrats to you both

Comment

I’m not a tropical person myself, and I absolutely loved that trip. Chuck was extremely gracious, and we loved his place. I’d spend 100% of my vacations in the mountains if possible before that trip, but I have no reservations going back. I can’t recommend it enough.

Comment

Looks like y’all had a great time. Happy anniversary!

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
              I’m not a tropical person myself, and I absolutely loved that trip. Chuck was extremely gracious, and we loved his place. I’d spend 100% of my vacations in the mountains if possible before that trip, but I have no reservations going back. I can’t recommend it enough.
              Same! My wife is the beach lover. But completely agree! I’d go back next month if I could!

Comment

We went to Costa Rica over Thanksgiving last year, for the first time. Loved it. Only fished one day (inshore), and like you, I'll plan more fishing on future trips. We caught a bucket full of small snapper and a couple of grouper, and one really nice rooster. We stayed up in the northern coast (Papagayo) but looking to venture down where you were next trip.

Comment

I love fishing in Costa Rica and I am overdue for a trip down there. I hope to go for a week next winter. Fishing is great but next trip I want to fish 2 or 3 days and then spend more time just exploring and seeing what there is to see. It's a beautiful place.

Comment

Originally posted by TxMedic View Post
                    Same! My wife is the beach lover. But completely agree! I’d go back next month if I could!
                    Thanks to this I’ll be going next month. Every time this happens I get the itch.
                    Wish you would’ve gotten a billfish but it gives you a reason to go back.
                    We have met some great folks through this place and the streak continues. Y’all made it easy.

Comment

CR is on the bucket list. I have a friend who goes 2-3 times a year for about a month at a time.

Comment

Curious if they still require the covid insurance and what it cost?
                        I had a trip planned but had to delay it but still planning to get out there again soon

Comment

We were just talking about planning another trip! ChuckFu is a great guy - the house is amazing and good places to eat close by.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckfu View Post
                            Thanks to this I’ll be going next month. Every time this happens I get the itch.
                            Wish you would’ve gotten a billfish but it gives you a reason to go back.
                            We have met some great folks through this place and the streak continues. Y’all made it easy.
                            If you go book the boat "Amy's Dream" out of Quepos..we got lucky first time. Great boat, captain and deckhands..we slayed the sailfish (5), wahoo (6) and tuna (12)

Comment

Originally posted by Archery1st View Post
                              If you go book the boat "Amy's Dream" out of Quepos..we got lucky first time. Great boat, captain and deckhands..we slayed the sailfish (5), wahoo (6) and tuna (12)
                              I have yet to have a day like this. It’s what keeps me going back.
                              That is a good boat everyone recommends them.

Comment

Working...
                              X