Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disturbing call from the Border Patrol yesterday.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can tell you that they are actively looking for help in this situation. They won’t put cameras out or sensors with out land owner consent. We have both on our lease in Jim Hogg county. This past year we have seen more crossers and bigger groups than we have in the past three years. I saw a group of 47 on opening morning of archery season and numerous game cam pics with sizable groups. I think the odds of 1 or two out of these groups with bad intentions for the U.S. is very probable.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
      they've already captured some Yemenies, and believe that there is a wider strategy to get terrorists in. He was just asking us to let them know if we see anything. When they do pull off an attack, be sure to thank your local democrat.
      I wonder if drug cartel is moving from drug/sex trade to terrorist smuggling?

Comment

Until this year, we had no "better lifer" traffic at all on our place in Southeast Webb County, but by the end of the deer season (end of Feb.), we were seeing them quite regularly, both in person and on camera... BP so far has responded quickly and they actually busted up a big smuggling/trafficking ring with a call tip. Caught a couple of the higher up's and a rather "famous" or infamous "coyote" that was with the group... both drugs and people smugglers... The crossers have a different attitude now too and that's the scary part. They don't fear us!! I was on the Rio Grande for 31 years and never really felt unsafe or threatened by them, but times have changed now and not for the better.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
          I can tell you that they are actively looking for help in this situation. They won’t put cameras out or sensors with out land owner consent. We have both on our lease in Jim Hogg county. This past year we have seen more crossers and bigger groups than we have in the past three years. I saw a group of 47 on opening morning of archery season and numerous game cam pics with sizable groups. I think the odds of 1 or two out of these groups with bad intentions for the U.S. is very probable.
          Thats gotta be alarming to see that many illegals on camera and in person.

Comment

Buddy was down in Webb I last month and saw roughly 50-60 in a couple days. BP got one group of 26

Comment

Originally posted by piercebronkite View Post
              Notice the dates. Not the same pic or group.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
                most any law enforcement agencies you call will record where you called from ..
                if you have dealt with them before, i'm pretty sure they know who you are, where you are and how to get in touch with you ... glad to hear that you're actively helping the situation instead of just turning a blind eye . keep up the good work and stay safe ..

contact info is easy for anyone to get, even easier for LEO

Comment

We are starting to see more coming through our lease in western Val Verde and Terrell County. One of our lease members had a Mexican stand off with 3 drug mules 2 years ago and then this past year they've gotten into our camp house and stole my snake boots the first time and my jacket the second time. The third time they came in the left a note saying they didn't steal anything and were just looking for food and trying to find a job. At least they locked the door when they left. I'm seeing more an more on camera at one particular feeder.

They know where our camp house is, where the key is to get in and they know where our water is. The kid who had the Mexican standoff dialed 911 and it took nearly 3 hours for the CBP and deputies to show up. There's a sensor down the road from us as well. We didn't know it was there until the CBP showed up 2 hours later and said we set it off.

My wife likes to hunt the set up where we have them on camera a lot. She's always got her rifle and packs her 9mm with her as well. I'm not so sure I'll let her hunt by herself anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                    Agree with all of this. Every terrorist so far though has flown in and overstayed a visa. Sneaking across the border poses far more risks then flying in and "forgetting" you have to leave. Not the least of which is the cartels in Mexico.
                    “Every terrorist so far” Just like the drug trade, this stuff is ever-changing. Once you think have then figured out it’s already changed. I’m sure just like terrorist organizations fund themselves, them paying the Cartels for safe passage is part of the plan. It Will just be another income opportunity for the cartel. Once international travel was tightened down, and the borders opened, It was no different than them sitting at a stoplight.

Comment

The scariest part of my conversation was when I asked about the catch and release policy. The BP agent acknowledge that that's what is happening and stated that they still need to know who is coming in. In effect, he was saying that there is no real border right now.

Comment

I’m probably wrong, but I would think that you’re more violent persons, terrorists, or drug smugglers would be inclined to travel in smaller groups. Less visibility.

47 is a lot. Once they take your AR and high-capacity mags, you wouldn’t have much chance with a group that size.

Dad always put food and water in an outside shed and left it unlocked. It seemed to deter vandalism and theft.

If you want to alter A known path through your property, Set a small hutch with a bottle of water, and a blue flag on your fence lines. Then blue flag path With additional water at each flag. You won’t stop them coming through, but maybe can skirt them to the edge of your property. I believe there’s an actual dedicated water marking system they use along the highway so these people don’t die in the brush. If they already know what it is it’ll make it that much easier

Comment

Originally posted by ON THE EDGE View Post
                          I’m probably wrong, but I would think that you’re more violent persons, terrorists, or drug smugglers would be inclined to travel in smaller groups. Less visibility.

47 is a lot. Once they take your AR and high-capacity mags, you wouldn’t have much chance with a group that size.

Dad always put food and water in an outside shed and left it unlocked. It seemed to deter vandalism and theft.

If you want to alter A known path through your property, Set a small hutch with a bottle of water, and a blue flag on your fence lines. Then blue flag path With additional water at each flag. You won’t stop them coming through, but maybe can skirt them to the edge of your property. I believe there’s an actual dedicated water marking system they use along the highway so these people don’t die in the brush. If they already know what it is it’ll make it that much easier
                          We tried that. They still broke in, stole stuff, left faucets running, left doors open, and crapped on the floor. No, we call the BP now.

Comment

Originally posted by ON THE EDGE View Post

This sort of stuff worked 20 years ago, they have a different mind set now.

Comment

We rarely get them on camera bc they either steal or destroy our cameras when they find them. We were able to strategically hide one for about a month but they then found that one, took the sd card and destroyed the cam.

Comment

crazy, all you have to do is watch the Telenovelas, and see some scary stuff that sure seems like true life stuff going on, El Senor del Cielo is a prime example, El Chema with all the Tunnels...
                                my cousin is down in Duval county south of Benavides and he gets BP stop in and talk to him about the illegals, and ask about the regular Coyotes that use the property for crossing, and have used it for years, but never a danger,
                                i think more crazy stuff happens south of Fal

Comment

Working...
                                X