No announcement yet.

Scam Alert!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got the same email and just ignored it. My wife buys all the stuffs not me so I immediately knew that if my account is suspended, it doesn't matter. SUSPEND THAT ACCOUNT! DO IT!

Comment

Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
      Been down that road- got a text that my Amazon account had been compromised and to call a particular number. Didn't catch on to what was happening until I had already supplied my bank information- they even screwed up my laptop I was working on. Had to change all bank accounts, close and apply for new credit cards, and had to take my laptop to Best Buy to let the Geek Squad wipe it and reset it up for me. If I were to ever catch that foreign bastage that did this I will keep shooting him until I run out of ammo. Thought I was going to have to shoot my wife over this- she kept on and on (and on and on and on) about what an idiot I am. Wouldn't even shut up when I agreed with her.
      But......she was right !

Comment

I suspect every email I get....

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond S View Post
          I was just glad I was already suspicious when I called the number. Already changed Amazon password, about to change the email, computer login, and any other ones I see that may need changing.
          There was a number on the actual Amazon.com website that was fraudulent? This would be national news if you can have some proof. That really should not be possible short of a major hack at Amazon.

Comment

Got the same thing VIA email tonight. Be careful folks!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
              There was a number on the actual Amazon.com website that was fraudulent? This would be national news if you can have some proof. That really should not be possible short of a major hack at Amazon.
              Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
                Been down that road- got a text that my Amazon account had been compromised and to call a particular number. Didn't catch on to what was happening until I had already supplied my bank information- they even screwed up my laptop I was working on. Had to change all bank accounts, close and apply for new credit cards, and had to take my laptop to Best Buy to let the Geek Squad wipe it and reset it up for me. If I were to ever catch that foreign bastage that did this I will keep shooting him until I run out of ammo. Thought I was going to have to shoot my wife over this- she kept on and on (and on and on and on) about what an idiot I am. Wouldn't even shut up when I agreed with her.
                I always tell my wife that they wouldn’t keep trying unless someone actually fell for it. Now I can tell her I know that guy

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond S View Post
                  Yes, opened my browser, typed in Amazon, it brought up the login for Amazon and ask for the email ( all normal so far ) typed in email address and that is when I got the notice. How they were able to hijack the email address I have no clue.
                  They did it to ours. They were able to log in, change the passwords, clear purchase history, change addresses, and delete account verification so that it took me longer to close the account than you can even imagine. I had to convince Amazon I was me without “my” information. Basically had to beg to close it and use past purchase order history no longer available to try and prove it was mine. I’m sure my wife clicked on some bait email at some point, but the Amazon guy said it was one of the most sophisticated hacks they had seen. Pretty cool and scary at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                    I think the scammers have some sort of program that they can intercept your attempt to log in to Amazon. The program throws up a page that looks legit with this number to call. I am no expert but I would think if they have your IP address and email info they can pretty much see when you log in to anything. Again, I am just guessing with my very limited computer knowledge.

Comment

Man... Had a new one thrown my way today. Ordered something yesterday that was being delivered today and received a text saying it was delayed and I needed to verify it. Jumped on Amazon and it said it was on schedule and sure enough made it without any issues. Looks like I need to change my password.

Comment

I wouldn't know if I got one, don't answer calls without a name to it.

Comment

I got a robo-call about the same thing. I answered the phone call and right off the bat they told me my account had been compromised to the tune of over $300. Without me supplying any account #. Smelled something fishy so I hung up and called Amazon with a tel. # off of Amazon.com. Everything was OK with my acct. Closed my account anyway as I had mistakenly opened it in the first place, by clicking on the "get free shipping" box for my first ever Amazon purchase. Seems like that automatically opened a Prime account for me. Bye Amazon! Would rather pay shipping than have shady sh** shoved on me!
                          Last edited by locolobo; 02-04-2021, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X