High fence fishing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High fence fishing.

With all the high fence talk I was just wondering if there are places with big private ponds that have giant bass or catfish or whatever the pond can hold.

With people willing to pay $$$$ for a canned deer hunt with large deer it seems like their would be a market for people that want to catch huge fish without much effort. The upside for the business is that it would be catch and release (after 100 social media pictures) except if the client wanted to pony up even more cash to get it mounted. This wouldn't be my cup of tea but I was wondering if these places exist and if not why?

Whoops wrong forum. Mods please move to around the campfire.
    Last edited by Hunting4fun; 12-27-2020, 06:55 PM.

Tecomate's La Perla Ranch Zapata County Welcome Page

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
      Thanks. Never heard of that place. Seems like they would be more popular. I guess its nearly impossible to get a place like that started. Browsed at their prices and
      Last edited by Hunting4fun; 12-27-2020, 07:04 PM.

Comment

You just can't stop, can you?

Comment

Heck ya- 777 Ranch offers fishing packages. Lots of private lakes offer fishing. I’m not into catching ditch pickles but my kid is. Have thought about taking him for a trip. It is $350 a person for a day of fishing and lodge and meals. Glad you posted this- Been a year or so since I’ve looked and now I may take my kid
          Last edited by glen; 12-27-2020, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Rough Creek Lodge has lot of football size green trash fish if you can afford it.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
              Heck ya- 777 Ranch offers fishing packages. Lots of private lakes offer fishing. I’m not into catching ditch pickles but my kid is. Have thought about taking him for a trip. It is $350 a person for a day of fishing and lodge and meals. Glad you posted this- Been a year or so since I’ve looked and now I may take my kid
              350 sounds reasonable. The other place posted was $2,000 a day. I didn't really look into details though. I wouldn't want my son or his friends to get used to places like that but It would be a great graduation present. Especially for kids who like to hit every public and community stock pond after work or school just hoping to land one or two.

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Yea my kid I worry about. He doesn’t dope and drink. He is 21 and he fishes. Problem is he sneaks onto golf courses, country clubs, and anyplace else he thinks may hold a ditch pickle. He fishes anyplace he can walk. I keep thinking I’m gonna get called with him arrested for trespassing. May take him for a gift

Comment

Lakes of Danbury back in the day... Beiri Farms just outside of Angleton as well.

Comment

“ditch pickle” ... learn something new every day

Comment

Yea my kid I worry about. He doesn’t dope and drink. He is 21 and he fishes. Problem is he sneaks onto golf courses, country clubs, and anyplace else he thinks may hold a ditch pickle. He fishes anyplace he can walk. I keep thinking I’m gonna get called with him arrested for trespassing. May take him for a gift
                      I’m blessed to have a 50 acre stocked lake in Louisiana on family land to fish.
                      But back in the day, we snuck into plenty of places chasing monsters.

21? Shoot....a DUI or a night watching bass poles would cost him more than a trespass ticket.

Comment

Camelot Bell is the top dog in high fence bass fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                          x2

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                            X3

Go look the day rate on that place!!

Comment

Sorry, I prefer to head to the surf and fish it natural. I'll eat pond yanked catfish but prefer to catch wild trout and red and other surf fare. fried red last night - yum

Comment

Working...
                              X