No announcement yet.

What Binos to buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ordered some Swaro ELs a few days ago and should get them delivered today or tomorrow. I never thought I’d pay so much for binos. However, when I thought about how much time I look through a pair, it makes sense for it to be one of the highest quality items I have.

Comment

Originally posted by popeandyoung151 View Post
      I ordered some Swaro ELs a few days ago and should get them delivered today or tomorrow. I never thought I’d pay so much for binos. However, when I thought about how much time I look through a pair, it makes sense for it to be one of the highest quality items I have.
      Which one did you get?

Comment

Who has the best deals on Swaro’s?

Comment

Originally posted by 2good2Btru View Post
          Who has the best deals on Swaro’s?

Sport Optics or Euro Optics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 2good2Btru View Post
            Which one did you get?
            I got the 10x42 from Sport Optics.

Comment

Swaro EL hands down

Comment

Christmas came early!

Comment

Comment

Monday evening Trophy8 and I sat in a blind hoping to get a glimpse of a 170+ Beast that’s been coming in regularly. We both carried rifles, but neither of us were deer hunting. Going to shoot some pigs if they came, but otherwise we just wanted to see this guy with our own eyes. We did (kinda).

Trophy8 brought his Swaro 10x42 ELs and I had my Razor HD 10x50s. We sat from 4-6:45ish when it was well beyond dark. I compared his ELs to my Razors in all light conditions, and against many different backgrounds. During the day I noticed slightly more color pop from the ELs, but nothing major. Looking across a small canyon to the opposite hillside 660 yds away both could easily see into the shadows of the surrounding cedars. We watched a few coyotes frolic around, and I was pleasantly surprised with the performance of my Razors to his ELs. We watched a few young bucks and an mature 10 for roughly an hour before the sun went down. They were anywhere from 80-110 yds depending where they were grazing at the time, and again very close performance.

As the sun started to go down I began to realize the difference though. Both could easily make out bodies regardless of light conditions. I could make out racks as well, but where the Swaros stood out was the definition when light was less than optimal. We could both pick out and ID animals regardless of lighting. What I couldn’t do was count brow tines or lengths. He could. The color pop was more noticeable as well in lowlight.

I didn’t glass for hours this time, as I was only looking through the binos for minutes at a time, then setting them down for 5-10 minutes. Eye fatigue wasn’t an issue, but I have taken his ELs to Idaho a couple of times. I can tell you they are VERY easy on the eyes when spending lots of time behind them. More so than any that I’ve looked through.

I don’t deer hunt or horn hunt for that matter at all. Pigs and varmints are my kryptonite. I can’t justify Swaros. If I spent more time in the mountains or counting tines I’d absolutely buy them without a doubt. The advantage was real.

PS. We did see the beast after it was total dark. I had to pull out my XG50 thermal to see him, but sure enough he came in and we got to lay eyes on him (kinda) lol

Comment

Originally posted by popeandyoung151 View Post

Very nice

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                        I’ve had both and no; I’ve seen no difference in quality of glass.

Why would you think there would be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I thought there had to be an effect on the lens coatings to allow the display. I have not seen that in writing though which is why I asked. On my Fury HD 5000’s, I can tell an obvious difference in light transmission and clarity just from the left and right. The right side is the only one that has the display for the yardage and it’s not nearly as clear. I know that’s apples and oranges when comparing to swaro though.

I really want to bite the bullet for Swarovski’s, can’t decide if it’s worth it for the range finder. It so convenient and I use it all the time on my fury’s. On the other hand, if it’s far enough that I need a range, I SHOULD have time to get the range finder.

Comment

Working...
                        X