Need a new lower unit, any suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a new lower unit, any suggestions?

Well we blew out our lower unit on my 1996 Johnson in on 200. I need to find a replacement either in DFW area or a responsible supplier that I can order from. Does anyone have any suggestions on a reputable source?

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
    Well we blew out our lower unit on my 1996 Johnson in on 200. I need to find a replacement either in DFW area or a responsible supplier that I can order from. Does anyone have any suggestions on a reputable source?
    I have a friend in Bremond that buys, sells,trades Johnson evinrude stuff. Let me see what he has.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
      I have a friend in Bremond that buys, sells,trades Johnson evinrude stuff. Let me see what he has.

Bremond is one of the last places I would think of for this. Good to know though as my sister lives there and we have an early 2000’s Johnson on the bay boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

He doesn't have one in the shop right now.

He did say SEI will sell you a brand new one for $1000 with a 3 year warranty if you want to go that route.

The old Johnson, Evinrude stuff pops up pretty regular if you aren't in a rush and search fb and c list.

Also I'd call captain Mack's scrap yard in austin.

Comment

fB marketplace will have people who will have these for sale

Comment

I would prefer either new or at least rebuilt depending on price difference. I would be worried I’d be in same situation in 6 months with a used unit.

Comment

Might try SEI or OBR online, they carry a lot

Comment

If you need parts, Stone and sons in houston will have them 7136863011. I walked in without even calling them first. They had all of the parts I needed for a 1976 25hp Johnson rebuild in stock. I walked out with a bag of parts and nothing on order.

Comment

Find something that came out of (Fresh water) if possible...

Comment

stone and sons Marine in Houston!

Specialties: When You really Want it Done Right! Jack Stone, Sr. has built a mighty business from his humble beginnings operating out of the bed of a service vehicle (his old pickup) back in 1958. Walking through Stone s warehouse, you get the impression he has collected every used outboard motor from that time until now. Indeed, he has. Stone boasts the largest inventory of new and used Evinrude and Johnson parts in the world. Boat owners across the country are glad he and his son, Jack Jr., have gone to the effort. Established in 1958.

Comment

I did mine on my 96 Johnson Venom 200
                      It was easy just a few bolts on bottom and the one shift shaft small bolt by the power head. There's alot of junk rebuilds out there offering warranty... I would try to go OEM reman if you can afford it... should be right at 2 grand but it's worth the peace of mind when you leave the dock.
                      Be sure to swap the pump while it's out and new oil and measure your shaft so it matches the one you get..I think it's a 20inch

Comment

Brand New lower units with a 3 year no fault warranty and most are only $1080 + tax carry out or Installed for a Total of $1390.00 including taxes, labor and oil. No sale, just everyday low price. Available to fit most V-4 and V-6 Mercury, Evinrude, Yamaha, Johnson, Mercruiser, Volvo and o...

Comment

Dang I just ordered one from SEI with new water pump for about 1k, I would have liked to let someone else install for $100 labor, thanks anyway

Comment

That should be a common motor that is stacked out in repair shops “bone yard”. There is a mechanic in spring off spring-cypress that I’m confident would have a lower unit.

Comment

Have you checked Charlie’s outboard on 67 outside
                              Alvarado.Id bet he can help you.

Comment

Working...
                              X