Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most famous person from your high school?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CassCounty View Post
    Hughes Springs...
    Wright Patman
    Homer (Mike) Jenkins

Wright Patman went to Hughes Springs? Did Buck Florence?

I was gonna say Cary Brabham.

Comment

Originally posted by krisw View Post

Wright Patman graduated from Hughes Springs in 1912.

I don't think Buck Florence graduated from HS...I may be wrong.

Cary Brabham was the first player to have his picture on the Madden Football Game Cover (it was by accident, they used a stock nfl photo that was of him.)

Comment

Wright Patman graduated from Hughes Springs in 1912.

I don't think Buck Florence graduated from HS...I may be wrong.

Cary Brabham was the first player to have his picture on the Madden Football Game Cover (it was by accident, they used a stock nfl photo that was of him.)

Did you guys know Buck? I'm thinking he graduated from Daingerfield, but I may be wrong. I was one time years ago!

Comment

Haha. Buck was way before my time. I just know there’s a “lake” right outside of town called Buck Florence’s lake. That’s why I thought maybe he was from Hughes Springs.

Comment

Ft. Worth Paschal HS

Ben Hogan
            Dan Jenkins

Comment

Zach Thomas

Comment

Gene Upshaw - Pro-football hall of famer, NFL Executive Director
                Marvin Upshaw - NFL Player
                Brooks Kieschnick - MLB Player
                Eddie Jackson - Bass Player for Queensryche
                Damien Chapa - Actor

Comment

Haha. Buck was way before my time. I just know there’s a “lake” right outside of town called Buck Florence’s lake. That’s why I thought maybe he was from Hughes Springs.
                  Buck was an attorney and land developer. He developed Eagle Landing and several other developments. That is why that lake is named after him; he named it.

He encouraged Harold Nix to apply to Baylor and become an attorney. Buck was listed in Texas Monthly’s “Worst Legislators “. He did some shady stuff, and his self inflicted death was a shock to many, but he was a likable guy. His handshake was like a wet, limp dishrag!

I don’t believe he would be listed as famous, maybe infamous!

Comment

Originally posted by sandbill View Post
                    Ft. Worth Paschal HS

Ben Hogan
                    Dan Jenkins
                    What about Shake Tiller, Billy Clyde Puckett, and Barbara Jane Bookman?

Comment

Robert G. Cole HS Ft. Sam Houston, Tx. Shaquille O’ Neal

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                        Buck was an attorney and land developer. He developed Eagle Landing and several other developments. That is why that lake is named after him; he named it.

He encouraged Harold Nix to apply to Baylor and become an attorney. Buck was listed in Texas Monthly’s “Worst Legislators “. He did some shady stuff, and his self inflicted death was a shock to many, but he was a likable guy. His handshake was like a wet, limp dishrag!

I knew he was shady

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                          Father Jim Sichko - Papal Missionary of Mercy, Commissioned by Pope Francis

Andre Robertson - New York Yankees SS
                          John Patterson - Washington Nationals - Pitcher
                          Kevin Smith - Dallas Cowboys - Superbowl Champion
                          Earl Thomas III - Seahawks, Ravens - Superbowl Champion
                          Deionte Thompson - Arizona Cardinals
                          I got plunked by Patterson when I was 13 and he was 15 playing down because of a weird birthday. It smarted.
                          Last edited by El General; 07-05-2019, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                            What about Shake Tiller, Billy Clyde Puckett, and Barbara Jane Bookman?
                            Most on here won't know those famous characters! They were bigger than life!

Shake and Barbara Jane are still alive. Billy Clyde has passed on. Sad.
                            Last edited by Burnadell; 07-05-2019, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post

I knew Buck (from around 1985-1990) and did a lot of work for him. I liked him and really liked his wife and kids. He was a true businessman. I guess he was somewhat famous. I didn't know that about He and Harold Nix (another really likable person).

Comment

I knew Buck (from around 1985-1990) and did a lot of work for him. I liked him and really liked his wife and kids. He was a true businessman. I guess he was somewhat famous. I didn't know that about He and Harold Nix (another really likable person).
                                As a banker back then, I financed him until his death in 1990 and really liked him but just couldn't ever get comfortable with his dealings. He also owned a Longview title company, and he bought my sister-in-law's house. His wife, Pat, still practices law in Longview, and their sons are also lawyers in Dallas.

Comment

Working...
                                X