20-21 Official Duck Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flex View Post
    If you ever plan on fishing or anything else with it go outboard.

If you're buying it to do nothing but hunt a surface drive can work well.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    I’m currently running a aluminum cc but plan on getting a fiberglass so it’ll primarily be for hunting. So far I’ve only hunted coastal marsh but want to branch out.

Comment

Originally posted by DKirk View Post
      I’m currently running a aluminum cc but plan on getting a fiberglass so it’ll primarily be for hunting. So far I’ve only hunted coastal marsh but want to branch out.
      Man, I've ran both. I'm an outboard guy. Only way I'd do a surface drive would be if I had an aluminum boat that was going to do nothing else but short run duck hunting.

Aluminum boat with an outboard and jack plate will go skinny enough you're pushing it if you stop. That's good enough for me.

I fish out of mine as well and make some long runs to duck spots. Nice having the quiet and extra speed to cruise loaded down.

Comment

Originally posted by 97JeepGuy View Post
        Anybody else on here also hunt public land pretty exclusively across the state?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Nope.

Believe I might give it my first go this year though

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
          Nope.

I've done it more and more last few years. Have some decent hunts. But i use the boat to try and get away from people.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
            Nope.

If you’re walking in don’t bother unless you want to get there at 1-2am and be shoulder to shoulder. Only real option is to boat in at most places where possible and even then can be crowded.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
              I've done it more and more last few years. Have some decent hunts. But i use the boat to try and get away from people.

Originally posted by HogStalker View Post
              If you’re walking in don’t bother unless you want to get there at 1-2am and be shoulder to shoulder. Only real option is to boat in at most places where possible and even then can be crowded.
              Don’t make it sound to appealing now lol

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
                Any of yall guys have any cool trips planned this year?

I really want to go to the northeast to do some seaduck and brant hunting. Anyone here ever do it? Any recommendations on outfitters/guides. It probably won't happen this year but I am hoping for 21/22 season.

This year I plan on going on a crane hunt.

Doing Brant, blackduck and seaducks in Massachusetts and Rhode Island this year.

Gonna be too busy for the annual panhandle hunt, or honker hunt in missouri and iowa. Missing a north dakota hunt also.

Oh well, ill get em next year. I hate missing the really good trips that just require diesel and lodging costs.

Comment

I do if im not at work or on an out of town hunting trip.

Comment

That’s all I currently hunt but only on the coast.

Comment

I do on the coast

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s all I hunt the coast and some lakes

Comment

Any recommendations for youth weekend, been thinking about going the guided route for a hunt that weekend. He’s ate up with it so I’d like to give him a good chance of getting on some birds.

Comment

Originally posted by DKirk View Post
                            Any recommendations for youth weekend, been thinking about going the guided route for a hunt that weekend. He’s ate up with it so I’d like to give him a good chance of getting on some birds.
                            Pm me

Comment

Originally posted by Medina19 View Post
                              We had a decent teal season only mad it out a handful of times. Got to watch a dog I trained make its first retrieve. Ready for big duck

nice boat medina, Is that a true Mega or a Fega? Either way looks like a sweet rig

Comment

Originally posted by texaslammer View Post
                                nice boat medina, Is that a true Mega or a Fega? Either way looks like a sweet rig
                                Lol nice try green jeans [emoji23] its a fega and thank your sir

Last edited by Medina19; 10-20-2020, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X