Nosler Accubond vs. Hornady ELD-X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting ready to place a bulk order from Copper Creek for my new APR 280AI. Trying to decide between the 140gr Accubond and 162 ELD-X. I bought a box of each and the accuracy was basically the same. (POI was different but both were .5 MOA). So basically, just comes down to bullet performance. This gun will be used exclusively for whitetails in South Texas. I prefer a bullet that expands well, but holds together well enough to exit majority of the time. Which one would you choose?

** Disclaimer - I know either will kill a deer with proper shot placement and everyone knows someone that has killed a truck load with a .223.
    I am looking for the bullet that is going to give the most reliable performance from 0-400ish yards.

Your going to get a lot of answers of each. You need to choose what you want and go with it. I do shoot accubonds out of my 300wsm. I do like them. Have not had any negative issues. It still is all about placement.

Comment

I shoot the 129 accubond LR in my 6.5x284 and they expand and exit, my wife shoots the eldx in her 6.5 creed and they do not exit. I prefer the accubonds.

Comment

Accubonds all the way for me. I use the 130's in my 6.5 Swede and 6.5 PRC and everything dies. Quick.

Comment

I started using my 280 AI last season and I went with the 140 grain accubonds, shot and killed a nice buck at 200 yards +/- and that’s really the only on game experience I have with them.

Comment

The 140 accubond would be my choice as it’s a better all around bullet than the ELDX IMO. Because it’s bonded means it will hold together on tougher game and they are hammers on whitetail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was very impressed with accuracy and performance of accubonds from a 260. Perfect performance at 300-400 yards on whitetail.

I shot a mature whitetail doe at 350 +\- blew through both shoulders no problem what so ever and left 1”-1.5” exit.
              Last edited by BLACKFINTURKEY; 07-09-2020, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Accubonds are hard to beat is you like exits. I shoot 160 Accubonds in my 280 AI.

Comment

My boy and I have both shot a buck with ELD X in 6.5 Creedmoor and both exited.

Comment

Accubond hands down.

Comment

Accubonds.

Comment

We've killed a few deer with the ELD-X out of my .264 Win Mag. Mostly they blew up inside the deer with no exit.

Comment

Nosler puts out a lot better quality than Hornady by far

Comment

For the past 12 years Accubonds is what I been using on my hunting rifles. Like the accuracy and performance in my 270wsm and 7mm-08. This year I am going to try the Barnes hybrid hunting ammo for my APR 300wm and see how they perform on game.

Comment

If you want a bullet that stays together & exits....Accubond

Comment

Working...
                              X