Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome! (AR Info here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took my DD5 out to the range today for the first time in a really long time only to find out the range has installed steel at 100, 200, and 300 yards!

Was shooting at 300 for the first time with this gun.

Comment

I just had to post it. Grenade’s still full.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've got a new, never used BCM BCG that I'm clearing out of the safe. I have it listed in the classifieds if interested.

Comment

Ttt from 13 pages back

Comment

Back to the top. Are suppressors interchangeable in some calibers? Kind of like how mags can be used for 556/223 and 300blk, can suppressors do the same? Sorry if this is a known thing but I know zero about them. Thanks for any info.

Comment

Dead air sandman TI .30 cal can. Can use from 300 win mag down (mas y menos) I use it for my 5.56 , AR10 , 300 win mag.

Oh and .308 is the best big round for an AR platform ever anyone who tells you otherwise prolly refers to magazines as clips.

Comment

Originally posted by nairb2580 View Post
                Back to the top. Are suppressors interchangeable in some calibers? Kind of like how mags can be used for 556/223 and 300blk, can suppressors do the same? Sorry if this is a known thing but I know zero about them. Thanks for any info.

All suppressors have a rating when it comes to calibers. Most all .30 cal cans are rated for 300WM and down. So any caliber smaller than .30 cal will work fine. Here are the top rated 308 silencers.

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
                  All suppressors have a rating when it comes to calibers. Most all .30 cal cans are rated for 300WM and down. So any caliber smaller than .30 cal will work fine. Here are the top rated 308 silencers.

Look who the cat drug up! [emoji16]

Does that chart represent the amount of db reduction?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    Look who the cat drug up! [emoji16]

Does that chart represent the amount of db reduction?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Haha it does take into account DB, but this is the new suppression rating system develop by Pew Science LLC. You can find them on the interweb.

Comment

The pew science also only uses a 308 bolt gun so the results could be different for semi auto AR type weapons. Port pop for example, the measurements at the ear would be much different on a AR than bolt gun and affect the scores. It is still interesting information but don’t forget to take company customer service, mounting options, poi shift/repeatability etc. into consideration as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Anon View Post
                        The pew science also only uses a 308 bolt gun so the results could be different for semi auto AR type weapons. Port pop for example, the measurements at the ear would be much different on a AR than bolt gun and affect the scores. It is still interesting information but don’t forget to take company customer service, mounting options, poi shift/repeatability etc. into consideration as well.

They have also done studies on 223, 6.5 creed, 300 blackout and a number of other calibers. 308 is a fairly standard measurement medium, and also what most manufacturers use to create their cans.

Mounting is a legitimate reason also. For me all my hosts take griffin mounts so I won’t use a system that isn’t compatible. I am however ordering a Hyperion. There is no can on the market that even comes close in almost every measurement.

Comment

*that they have tested. DA Nomad-L is noticeably quieter than my Sandman Ti, which is #5 on their list.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

They have also done studies on 223, 6.5 creed, 300 blackout and a number of other calibers. 308 is a fairly standard measurement medium, and also what most manufacturers use to create their cans.

Mounting is a legitimate reason also. For me all my hosts take griffin mounts so I won’t use a system that isn’t compatible. I am however ordering a Hyperion. There is no can on the market that even comes close in almost every measurement.
                            All bolt actions tho right? He uses a bolt action to isolate variables but that makes for a big leap to guess how it will perform on a semi auto, he should have used a standard ar-15 as well and given a bolt action score and a at-15 score.

The Hyperion is interesting, I want a dedicated bolt gun can for sure, I wonder how is the accuracy/poi shift/repeatability is on the Hyperion?

Comment

CGS is the best kept secret in the industry, and they’re made nearby in Artesia NM.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                                *that they have tested. DA Nomad-L is noticeably quieter than my Sandman Ti, which is #5 on their list.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                                Conditions are dependent. I can tell you the Nomad 30 is significantly quieter in every test we’ve ran as well as shooter perspective than the Omega 30. I’d like to see his testing conditions, as that can play a factor easily.

Comment

Working...
                                X