Vacuum Sealer Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vacuum Sealer Question

I am in the market for a good vacuum sealer and can't decide which one to get. I'm over the cheap game saver models and want something that will last a long time. I was looking at the Weston Pro 2300 or the Ary Vacmaster Pro 380. The Weston does not have the capability to cut bags and has 1" smaller sealing bar. But i'm not sure the need to cut bags or a 16" bar is necessary either. The Weston does cost more than the Ary also.

Input? Any and all information is welcomed and thanks in adavance. If you know of a better sealer please enlighten me. Looking for some real world experience here in what has lasted and what works well. I'm sure both are good, but I want the best I can get for $400 or so.

I like my Weston as I can buy repair parts if something does break.

Comment

I just bought a Weston. I think it is the pro 1100 model. Anyhow, I've only used it a couple of times so far but it is far superior to my last cheap one.

Comment

weston 1100 pro has a cutter

Comment

If I could get back all the money I've spent on cheap ones, I could have already paid for a Weston 215....

Comment

Originally posted by TTORA View Post
            I like my Weston as I can buy repair parts if something does break.
            X2 on this one. I just got mine for this season and it is built like a Tank! Weston 2300

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
              If I could get back all the money I've spent on cheap ones, I could have already paid for a Weston 215....
              This!

I will add that the for almost ever job you do you won't need more than an 11" bar, but every now and then you will sure wish you had the 16.

Comment

I own a weston and have loved it. You can't go wrong with it.

Comment

I have been looking a the Weston 2300. All looks good but one thing I do not like is no cutter. Also, since I usually do 150 to 220Lbs of sausage at a time what is cycle time on the 2300? Do you have to let it sit in between each package for any length of time?

Comment

Originally posted by TMEC View Post
                    I have been looking a the Weston 2300. All looks good but one thing I do not like is no cutter. Also, since I usually do 150 to 220Lbs of sausage at a time what is cycle time on the 2300? Do you have to let it sit in between each package for any length of time?
                    Curious in this as well.

No cutter doesnt bother me, tired of sealing bags anyhow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                      Im in the same boat and want a good one this go round.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Watching!

I have a FoodSaver that has stopped working right; it won't automatically stop vacuuming. I have had 3 of these and they won't get anymore of my $s.

Comment

I have a Wesson, not sure of model, but no cutter. I really like the wide seal it puts on the bag.
                          It doesn't seem to draw as much as a vacuum as the sealameals, but after my second or third one, I'll take the Wesson.

Comment

Originally posted by TMEC View Post
                            We have a 2300 and it serves us well. We typically make 200-400 lbs. of links and vacuum seal same. The sealer is ready when you are, cycle time 20 seconds maybe and no cool down time. Haven't found a reason for a cutter, bags are much easier for us.

Comment

Bowmansdad

Thanks for the details. Bags would be faster and only one side to seal. Do you get any "leakers" or bags that do not seal if using Weston bags?

Comment

Working...
                              X