Who left the gate to Hell open???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who left the gate to Hell open???

It was 100° before noon. Supposed to top out somewhere around 110-113 this afternoon. Worst part is the wind is howling at 20+ mph (what else is new for lubbock ), and while you would think that breeze would be refreshing, it isn’t. It’s like standing in front on a hair dryer on full blast.

You should try it with some Golfo de Mexico humid breeze...heat index is crazy.

Comment

Makes you say your prayers a little more often, that way you can sit in the AC with Jesus and Elvis.

Comment

How is the dryland corn and milo looking on the cap?

Comment

I was in Boise last week....had to think about my family for a long long time before I got on that return flight. Jennie was all that brought me back....I don’t want to have to train another one. I’m so tired of Texas weather. Heat index was 111 here yesterday. I go to work with a shirt on and another on a hanger, and I’m the boss. It’s ridiculous!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
            How is the dryland corn and milo looking on the cap?
            Saw a nice patch of milo yesterday that is already turning brown, should be good and ready by sept 1. We’ll ready for dove anyway, maybe not harvest. Made a mental note of that field to hunt for permission.

I would imagine dry land corn is struggling. June was pretty dry and May had lots of hail and wind. Had some good rain just after July 4th. But even irrigated cotton look pretty puny this year

Comment

Yeah it’s hot.

Comment

107 here in cen Tex

Comment

Trying to look at the bright side. About all I can come up with is at least the “Annual Summer Death March”didn’t start until mid July this year!

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                    Saw a nice patch of milo yesterday that is already turning brown, should be good and ready by sept 1. We’ll ready for dove anyway, maybe not harvest. Made a mental note of that field to hunt for permission.

I would imagine dry land corn is struggling. June was pretty dry and May had lots of hail and wind. Had some good rain just after July 4th. But even irrigated cotton look pretty puny this year
                    Man that sounds dry. Seen any quail or phez chicks?

Comment

My drawers were soaked by 9:00 this morning. Said to hell with this, I’m retired........

Comment

I try to spin it in my mental favor. I soak it up and keep xtra shirts handy and keep telling myself I love having this kind of weather(not too much tho)cuz maybe...just maybe, it'll keep at least some of the comifornians and peeps like them from moving here!

But...will prolly being singing the blues when I have to come to Lubbock on Thursday and move my daughter!lol Stay hydrated boys and gurls!!

Oh, hey Playa, plenty cold beers on location should you get bored!!
                        Last edited by Smokeater; 07-13-2020, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                          You should try it with some Golfo de Mexico humid breeze...heat index is crazy.

one upper!

Comment

Yup to all the above. Did not wanna leave Colorado weather to come back down here. Sick of the never ending heat and humidity

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                              My drawers were soaked by 9:00 this morning. Said to hell with this, I’m retired........

Well for that, you need Depends...

Comment

Working...
                              X