No announcement yet.

knife build along

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would love to see plans for the EDM also. My day job is as an EDM operator.

Comment

Awesome skills.

I always wanted to make a knife. My fear is it will look more like a prison shank than a piece of art like yours.

Thank you for sharing your craft. It truly is amazing.

Comment

Jermdog01, PM sent.

Comment

Originally posted by bowmania View Post
          Have you ever heard of Johnny Stout? He does knife making classes. http://stoutknives.com/body.php?BODY...making_classes
          Have you ever considered doing the same? You seem to have a heart for teaching and helping others to learn the craft. Which is really cool.
          i do know Johnny, heck of a maker. As of right now i dont have enough room to teach classes but it might be something i look into once i get a full size shop. Right now ive got one kmg and id like to have 2 more set up.
          Originally posted by bowmania View Post
          I would love to see plans for the EDM also. My day job is as an EDM operator.
          I havent worked on the edm in a long long time. I had a book but i cant even remember the author. You do wire edm?

Originally posted by cattlelackranch View Post
          Awesome skills.

I always wanted to make a knife. My fear is it will look more like a prison shank than a piece of art like yours.

Thank you for sharing your craft. It truly is amazing.
          Jump in and give it a go. We all start somewhere! Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by doublearrow View Post
            I havent worked on the edm in a long long time. I had a book but i cant even remember the author. You do wire edm?
            Yes, I operate 2 wire edm machines--each is a different brand.

Comment

Drop point of the wharncliff version i posted earlier. Needs a little more handle and bolster work then gets an acid bath.
              Attached Files

Comment

Drop point etched and little bird and trout/caper is tapered and hollow ground. The bt will wind up with a swedge ground after hand polishing and plain white mammoth ivory scales. I may decide to scrim the handles on it.
                Attached Files

Comment

Love the antler knifes, one day I'm buying one.

Comment

Been working on some folders. One is a double blade damascus trapper for tbh member. But heres some of the knives i showed in progress shots of.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Good work sir.

Comment

Beautiful work.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Smith View Post
                          Good work sir.

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
                          Beautiful work.
                          Thank yall.

Comment