No announcement yet.

1947 International KB5 Frame Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beginning to look cool. Wish i had the cash, health and a place to do this. I always wanted a 40's or 50's pickup on a modern chassis with a bit of power. not even picky about brand.

Comment

This is awesome!!

Comment

I painted the front rim a gray color and the rear stock rim black. I am trying to figure out what route to go. I kinda like the plain steel rims painted, but what color? Or should I just buy nice rims from like Discount Tire? thanks
        Attached Files

Comment

That gray steel looks sweet

Comment

I say keep it classic

Comment

I'm really liking the looks of the build, great work.

Comment

Another vote for the grey steel rim. If you could find some baby moon hub caps I think it would blend in well. Nice job fitting that body to the frame by the way
                Last edited by trailrider; 07-04-2020, 07:24 PM.

Comment

I'd be so tempted to matte clear coat her just the way she is. Another vote for the grey steel wheels.

Comment

Been Awhile

It has been awhile since posting anything. I have done some work under the hood that is hard to show, but will try to get some pics later today. Basically making mounts for the ECU, brakes, battery, etc.

I picked up a rear tahoe seat, since they come with their own seat belts and I liked them. Took the mounting hardware off the bottom and will make some mounts to bolt them in. Sitting on 4x4s right now.
                    Last edited by hboy35; 09-26-2020, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great project. It makes SO much sense to use a modern, mid-sized pickup frame for this project. People just don't understand how small these old vehicles are. I have a '47 International and the cab is small enough that I hung my cup holder on the passenger side door and it's an easy reach! I also have a '48 IH panel wagon project. I love those old cornbinders!! Again, great work.

Comment

oneeye, do you have any pics of your '47? Always love seeing other folks trucks. Thanks, lots of folks dont agree with what I am doing. It was the fastest and least expensive way to get the old girl back on the road. Really liking it so far.

Comment

Looks good, Don't mind the guys that think it should be on the original chassis. It's your truck do what you want. Some are for show some are for go.

Comment

Nice update. Those seats are WAY too nice!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X