Surfside Trash from an organized event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by armadillophil View Post
    Looked up their page on facebook..........
    .......and realized nothing will prolly get done. Parks dept. or whoever will clean it up and the city will apologize for not having enough trash cans. Hope I'm 180 off but with time and experience, I'm a bit of a grumpy ol cynic now and then...apologies.

Comment

That is sad. We always make it a point to leave with more trash than we came with when at the beach, lake or river.

Comment

Live in the area and unfortunately a lot of groups do this. Doubt anything will be done about it. When they closed the beach for high water a couple of weeks ago people just parked on the side of blue water highway and walked through people’s property. There were rumors of people using showers under the houses leaving water running, leaving trash in yards and dunes. Respect for private property is a lost art evidently.

Comment

Slobs like that should have these rear sides kicked. Hard

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
            That is sad. We always make it a point to leave with more trash than we came with when at the beach, lake or river.
            Me too. Maybe this is the time to stop talking and do something next year. Brazoria County also has a new sheriff, Stallman. Lets put him to the test next July.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas007 View Post
              Live in the area and unfortunately a lot of groups do this. Doubt anything will be done about it. When they closed the beach for high water a couple of weeks ago people just parked on the side of blue water highway and walked through people’s property. There were rumors of people using showers under the houses leaving water running, leaving trash in yards and dunes. Respect for private property is a lost art evidently.
              If nobody stands up to these people, nothing will get done. I am dedicated to this not happening again.

SH

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter
                Yep, I think you are right about this year but we can get in front of this for next year, I mean it won't be a secret when they're coming.

SH
                Also true.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                  If nobody stands up to these people, nothing will get done. I am dedicated to this not happening again.

SH
                  I'm with you. I have hauled trash from that area 2 hours home. But, I also think the county is going to bow down and send a crew out to clean it up on our dime and be done with it. They're simply afraid

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                    I'm with you. I have hauled trash from that area 2 hours home. But, I also think the county is going to bow down and send a crew out to clean it up on our dime and be done with it. They're simply afraid

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                    I'm sure, and hope it was cleaned up today but might take longer, there was that much trash. I intend to bring this thread up around July 4, 2021 and also remind BCSO. This has to be nipped early in the weekend and often patrolled, not wait until things get out of hand. I am on this like stink on poop.

SH

Comment

Kudos SH. Maybe the authorities and at least giving a darn and trying. Most people will not even make the phone call.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Horse people pay people to pick their trash up You jumped the gun.

Comment

Go out after any busy weekend and you’ll find the beach trashed, hell even the bayside. I don’t understand the thought process. The one positive from them closing the beach to vehicle traffic was less trash.

Comment

Originally posted by DKirk View Post
                            Go out after any busy weekend and you’ll find the beach trashed, hell even the bayside. I don’t understand the thought process. The one positive from them closing the beach to vehicle traffic was less trash.
                            Nowhere close to this, trust me. The thing that gets me is this is an organization, a name behind this garbage and it was the 7th annual.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                              Kudos SH. Maybe the authorities and at least giving a darn and trying. Most people will not even make the phone call.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                              Thank you, sir

Comment

We were on the Galveston side of San Luis pass about 6 or 7 years ago and same thing happened. We were camping on the beach shark fishing and at 3 in the morning here comes a trail ride right through our camp. Literally right through our trucks and where we were sleeping. And the trash they left was the same as you described. Guessing it could be the same group.

Comment

Working...
                                X