Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
    THIS JUST IN...

I just spoke with the Mayor, and she said the Executive Committee at their meeting last night issued a new rule. It will be added to the Forum Rules as soon as she can discuss with the TBH attorney about the approved wording. In general:

Rule #16: Effective March 31, 2010, any member who has not attended at least one Bownanza will have their membership suspended unless they have joined between March 31, 2020 and the date of the next Bownanza. If they do not attend the next Bowanaza after they join, their membership will then be rescinded.

Members who have had their memberships rescinded and believe they had a good excuse can file an appeal. Such appeal will be promptly considered by an Appeals Committee consisting of 3 "upper crust" members. The appeal should be submitted to the committee chairman, Webstertroy.
    Burnadell is stirring the pot, and getting my membership revoked?
    AND he’s being a boxing ring to nanza?
    Maybe we’ll have a match after all - a GOF vs a one legged guy. With enough alcohol, could be entertaining.

Comment

Never been. Usually traveling a lot for work during the week so the weekends I try to stay around here with the family. Need to figure out how to make it work one of these years. I always enjoy following the Nanza threads

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
        ...as the thread says who has been a member for 10 years and never attended a Bownanza and why?
        Me. Too far. I wanna go though.

Comment

Been a member since the screen was white. I've never been. I'm just too busy with work and family.

Comment

Okay, for you guys that say you avoid crowds, do you not go to your kid's football, basketball, baseball, band, events?

For you guys who don't drink or think this is a drunkfest...it is NOT. There are kiddos running around everywhere, and it is a family reunion/gathering atmosphere. Yes, there is beer, Bloody Mary's and a little bit of hooch being consumed, but it is crazy to assume this is a drunk fest. That's just an excuse.
            Wait a minute...I DO remember texastaxi got a little goofy, and I renamed my screen name because his tongue would not let him pronounce my old one! That happened in the parking lot on Friday night, and yes, there MAY be a little more heavy drinking then, but it is limited to those girly girls who cannot hold their (2 drinks) liquor!

Y'all come, ya heyah???

Comment

Originally posted by RingSteel View Post
              Burnadell is stirring the pot, and getting my membership revoked?
              AND he’s being a boxing ring to nanza?
              Maybe we’ll have a match after all - a GOF vs a one legged guy. With enough alcohol, could be entertaining.
              For the record, I never stated that I was bringing a boxing ring to 'nanza.

I WILL challenge you to a butt kicking contest though!

Comment

Me as well. Just tough to make the time with family and other things going on

Comment

Me. I have been a member for more than 10 years. I will be there this year with Mary.

Comment

Been a member since 06 or 07. Love TBH and its members. Even the ones that don't like me.
                    We have 3 sons, everyday was filled with something, golf tourneys, baseball, basketball, football, music competitions, well you get the drift. Not excuses, just the truth. Life that I love.

Never been, Maybe one day.

Comment

Pre-crash member here. Never been.

I've been on too numerous hunts to count with many TBH members and had some incredible campfires over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
                        Me. I have been a member for more than 10 years. I will be there this year with Mary.
                        Wait just a minute here . I don't remember any request being presented to the forum for permission to squire our Miss Mary. We need to run a background check before that permission is approved!

Edit: We can have an interrogation at 'nanza!

Further edit: I am shocked and appalled that Mary would go out with someone who has not attended a Bownanza!!!
                        Last edited by Burnadell; 01-29-2020, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Never attended. Too far.

Comment

Not I

Comment

It's been a few years, but I've been to one. How I managed that one time, I do not know. And I only live about 35 minutes from the event. In my line of work, our spring outage always fall during Nanza. This year was going to be different. It looked like I might be able to make it, being our outage is going to be a short one. And since I work at a power plant, ERCOT has the final say as when we can bring our units off line. That said, they moved our outage back a week, which will fall smack dab in the middle of Nanza, which means I will be working again.
                              Now, when I went that first time, I did not feel welcome. Everybody there had their own "little groups". If you wasn't in the click, well, you probably wouldn't stay very long. Think I ended up leaving after an hour or so. Now remind you, this was maybe 10 years ago or so. Maybe it has changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                                Never made it in 12 years, no excuse for me as to why, just havn't put it on the calendar.

Same here. Just never made it in 12 years. I work offshore so on my time off I spend as much time with my wife as I can.

Comment

Working...
                                X