Thrifty Nickel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thrifty Nickel

Anyone remember these papers being printed I believe on Thursdays. It was like Craigslist for us old folks. Use to love looking through them. I bought everything from tools, trucks, dogs, hay, boats out of them.

I used to get one each time they came out. I was too young to ever go buy anything I found in it but I browsed it anyway. Same with autotrader magazines. I loved looking at the cars and parts in them (I grew up a motor-head).

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
      I used to get one each time they came out. I was too young to ever go buy anything I found in it but I browsed it anyway. Same with autotrader magazines. I loved looking at the cars and parts in them (I grew up a motor-head).
      I bought my first set of double hump sbc heads for my race car out of thrifty nickel. I was 17-18 . Lol

Comment

What about the green sheet?? We used to wrap houses with those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bought and sold alot on the Thrifty Nickel. Back when you had to ask directions to a guys place and actually had to figure out where they lived.

Comment

I loved to browse em!

Bought a 93’ Toyota 4x4 once. Wish I would have kept that piece of garbage. It was cursed with demons, but in today’s market I could have sold it for 4x what I paid in 97 for it

Comment

Yep

Used to stop and pick up a handful out of the rack they put them in every Thursday morning and carry them to work and toss on the break area table

Comment

Loved thrifty nickel and the East Texas Peddler!

Comment

yep

Comment

I good friend of mine bought 130 acres of Navasota River bottom for $2,100 an acre out of that paper! Still has it and it’s an awesome piece of property!

Comment

Bought a lot of stuff off of it

Comment

I advertised a 1970 chevelle convertable, 402, 4 speed in it about about 1990 in the Temple one,. Guy from NC Called me on Wednesday before paper came out on Thursday. I knew good and well what day that thing came out too!! Ask him how he had the jump on everyone else? All he said was connections! I sold her to my snap-on dealer in Temple. Man I wish I had her now! Bought and sold my fair share of stuff in that paper. Even found a lease in Evant one time.

Isn’t it the American classifieds now? They still have that one in Ballinger.

Comment

Yep love it.

Comment

I remember picking up a Thrifty Nickel every Thursday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Yep used to thumb through it quite a bit actually.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Working...
                              X