Good dove hunting near DFW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good dove hunting near DFW

How far from DFW would a guy have to drive to have a real good dove hunt at a reasonable price? I know some areas north of Denton can hold birds. But I remember a time in junction and out towards Abilene having some great hunts. Coleman was another place I had some amazing hunts. Hunts like those seem to be few and far between and or cost way to much to for this guy. Where are some of the spots y’all had those kinda hunts?

Depends on what you call a good hunt. Shooting 15 in a morning/afternoon or a place where don’t have to worry about how many you shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No help on location but assume you want to get 15 in an hour and not hunt all day. You can always hit up the grasslands and park near a pond and save some money but no guarantee on birds.

Comment

Wichita falls is probably the closest good hunting. Most day hunts run around $100

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
          Depends on what you call a good hunt. Shooting 15 in a morning/afternoon or a place where don’t have to worry about how many you shoot.

Lol.never hunted a place where limits didn’t matter. Get a limit and don’t t feel like you have been in a marathon doing it. Friends across the field yelling “birds”. Dove dive bombing around you and big groups flying above. Have seen a hunt like that in years.

Comment

Originally posted by D12 View Post
            Lol.never hunted a place where limits didn’t matter. Get a limit and don’t t feel like you have been in a marathon doing it. Friends across the field yelling “birds”. Dove dive bombing around you and big groups flying above. Have seen a hunt like that in years.
            Sounds like a central/south texas dove hunt to me.

I'm following this for info, my dad and I used to go with JJ Kent on the opener every year and haven't made an opening weekend since he passed

Comment

Find a place around Waco and West. That little area has produced a ton of White Wings and morning dove the last few seasons for us. We will be back opening day and bird numbers already looking good.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                Find a place around Waco and West. That little area has produced a ton of White Wings and morning dove the last few seasons for us. We will be back opening day and bird numbers already looking good.

Who do you hunt with down there?

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
                  Who do you hunt with down there?
                  It’s a secret.

Just find a landowner in the fly zone and ask permission. We have a 20 acre field along I-35.

Comment

Have a good group of guys for the hunt. Then family and friends over for dinner and good times. Eating those delicious flying treats!!

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
                      Wichita falls is probably the closest good hunting. Most day hunts run around $100
                      This will be my second year with Dry Creek Outfitters in WF. Good guys. Lots of birds.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I got on with a farmer in Frost, TX for this season. Place looks awesome. And saw several birds while driving around looking at it.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

check with Mike at Muddy Water outfitters in Wichita Falls. Good guy and runs a nice operation.

Comment

I’ve yet to ever been on a good dove hunt. Have never limited. Been to a bunch of places around dfw and non ever pan out. Either no bids or people everywhere

Comment

Working...
                            X