How to remotely monitor a freezer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to remotely monitor a freezer

I know I’m not the first to deal with this and I see a few options on Amazon wondering what y’all have found that works best. I just had my roof replaced and the roofers tripped the gfci plug that is connected to my outside plugs. Dad went and checked on things at my house for me today and found the odor in the garage. I lost everything 2 axis, 3 whitetail, a bunch of fish, my dogs first duck and my wife’s first duck. So we have WiFi at the house who makes the best monitoring system for a freezer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best thing to do is never have a freezer on a GFI. Learned the hard way. Next house had dedicated circuits for freezers.
    In for more details as the freezer on my fridge still has the GFI.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
      https://www.amazon.com/Refrigerator-...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

This is how I do it. I have two freezers outside in my shop

That one doesn’t appear to be wifi capable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I’ve been looking for the same thing and I can’t believe how hard it is to find a wifi capable unit. This is the only one that’s affordable that I’ve been able to find.

I still haven’t bought one though. [emoji57]

Wireless temperature & humidity monitoring. For retail & large corporate cooler & freezer monitoring applications. Receive text or email alerts to your phone.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          That one doesn’t appear to be wifi capable.

Right but he didn't say it HAD to be wifi.

Comment

Just put it in same outlet as your freezer

Comment

I have a simple alarm on my GFCI in the garage where the fridge and freezer are plugged in. I think I spent $25 on it.

Comment

I have installed and used monitors like Sensaphone Sentinel Monitoring System. This system will notify when any connected point of detection causes an alarm. Simply connect whatever type detector ie water, temputure, intrusion or whatever. Connect via land line or cellular it will notify when whatever set point goes into alarm. Can't say it cheap however, it works.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                  I have a simple alarm on my GFCI in the garage where the fridge and freezer are plugged in. I think I spent $25 on it.
                  I need to do something like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                    Do you recall which one? Thanks!

Comment

The ideas mentioned are great if you are there to hear the alarm, but if you want a true remote temp monitoring system is going to cost at least 1k.

We sell these systems with walk in cooler/freezers. A restaurant can't afford to lose thousands of dollars worth of food, and this system cost less than a hundred bucks a year for a subscription. It can send text/email alerts if the temperature gets above freezing or your desired set point.
                      Or if you lose power and the sensor can't "check in" after 2 hours it will send an alert as well.

Monnit offers the best in class remote monitoring solutions including, wireless sensors, WiFi sensors, PoE sensors, gateways, and cloud sensor management software.

Look them up they might have a cheaper option for residential, but I'm not sure.
                      Last edited by BassMaster13; 06-28-2021, 02:49 PM.

Comment

If you have a security camera system, you could point a camera at a thermometer with a probe in the freezer.

Comment

I’m using a commercial temperature controller as a switch to turn on a light that’s mounted on the outside wall of the garage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry bro my freezer went out last week too.I lost 2 deer and 2 pigs thankfully I caught it before the stinking happened.Mine was on just quit cooling

Comment

Working...
                            X