Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The Javelina Hunt" has been cancelled!

Long way to drive to find out no hunt.

Some folks had already arrived from the Midwest. Can't imagine their frustration. Some were understanding, others, not so much

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I know 6 guys from Wisconsin who went.

Comment

Worse part is that they can't even get into their hotels

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a friend who drove down from Kansas overnight to be there this morning. That's some rough treatment.

Comment

So out of staters drove all that way with the weather issues and then got mad it was canceled. Maybe they should stay around and help out some folks worried about their lives instead of a hunt.
            Perhaps checking the weather was a prudent thing before driving across the country.

Comment

Glad I didn’t go this year.

Comment

Did Mr. B get mad that the group requested another 2 days of hunting? I read another thread earlier that sounded like everything was good to go....that sucks and is a really poor way to treat a group of people the day of.

Comment

Man oh man. That's gotta sting.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow, that's pretty crappy.

Comment

No power, no water and a ranch road nightmare with more wet stuff headed in.

Sounds like a good call and some bad timing to me.

Comment

massive fatal pileups, frozen pipes, rolling power outages, unprepared road crews, stores closed down (on top of COVID restrictions).... People who made the choice to 'chance it' by not planning ahead, or calling ahead, have no reason to be ******. I've been in Colorado 7 years now and spend a lot of time in the mountains on snow and ice... I would have never made the trip to Texas just based on common sense. Family is still there, it would have had to be an extreme life or death situation for me to drive into that mess... sheeesh people!

Comment

I guess it worked out I missed the deadline to sign up.

Comment

Why do people drive so far to pay $300 to shoot hogs and javelinas?

Is it more for the "event" than the "hunt"?

I went to the website and it doesn't appear to be anything special like a charity deal, ect.

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
                              Why do people drive so far to pay $300 to shoot hogs and javelinas?

Is it more for the "event" than the "hunt"?

I went to the website and it doesn't appear to be anything special like a charity deal, ect.
                              I feel like that question is a slippery slope. Why does anyone drive anywhere to hunt anything? Because they want to.

Comment

Working...
                              X