Best Section in LBJ Grasslands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Section in LBJ Grasslands

I was wondering if any of you that hunt the LBJ grasslands in decatur could help me put my son in a good spot for him to get a deer. We went during youth weekend and sat from 1300 to 1800 and got smoked. Didn't see a deer, hog, nothing. We were hunting in section 38. Have any of you had luck here or is there a section that you see deer almost every time you go out? Thank you in advance.

Sorry brother after hunting there for years myself I barely give my best friends advice. It is a hard place to hunt

Comment

Originally posted by J Loves Huntin View Post
      Sorry brother after hunting there for years myself I barely give my best friends advice. It is a hard place to hunt
      I kinda figured it was a long shot but hopefully some advice can be given. Ive received some on one section to try already just hoping for others.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase0305 View Post
        I kinda figured it was a long shot but hopefully some advice can be given. Ive received some on one section to try already just hoping for others.
        Don't sit, still hunt.
        Best option there imo.
        When I lived in DFW I made a few trips, and as mentioned, it's a tough spot.

Comment

I ride the horses all over that place for years just going around on the trails.
          After all those miles it is very rare to see anything out there. But they are out there as you can cut a track every now and then.

Comment

Just drive over to unit 1

Comment

Friend of mine used to be fairly successful out there he liked the south east side

Comment

go big

Get into one of the larger units and follow a horse trail until you see deer tracks. chase them for a while and sit and wait over water or acorns.
                Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
                Friend of mine used to be fairly successful out there he liked the south east side

Comment

Working...
                X