A frustrating thing about getting older

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McClain View Post
    Yep, me too. I found the new "me" in that respect about 7 or 8 years ago. Its a way of life now that I've gotten used to it. Good luck!
    I just found out about it

Comment

I'm staring 70 in the face.... been an athlete all my life and my mind is still "athletic"...
      But MAN my body just ain't got it! My Can-do can't keep up with my want-to!

Comment

I just paid someone to replace the rear pinion seal on my truck for the sole reason that I did not want to crawl under there and get up and down. Would have never even thought about doing that before.

Money well spent [emoji16]

Comment

I had a similar eight stitches cut in the palm of my left hand last September repairing a ground blind. Being too lazy to put on leather gloves, I reached out to break off a quarter- inch thick dead cedar branch. As I cracked it in half, the sharp broken end impaled itself in my palm, and my blood thinner let the blood flow big time. Whether old or young, wear leather gloves when dealing with brush, especially dead sticks. Didn't take pics-my hands were occupied at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
            I’m with you Jerp!! Between mobility issues and vertigo, getting old ain’t for sissies. The other day I took on the daunting task of putting pictures in picture frames for my wife. Now I know you’re probably thinking why would you take on such a difficult and dangerous task??? I’m a daredevil really, completely threw caution to the wind. Well I avoided any paper cuts but was unable to avoid the glass falling out of the frame and shattering on my leg. Dang, looked like I gutted a deer on our stairs. 14 stitches later.

Look out roof, here I come!! (Life insurance is paid up so if something happens one of you guys needs to marry my wife, she will be loaded!!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Now that's how you chronicle an injury sir. Solid.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Turning 56 in a couple of months…Father Time caught up with me a few years back…at my yearly physical at that time, the doc told me “you’re in pretty good shape, for your age”…what an A-Hole!!

Comment

Well, at least my faucet isn’t leaking!

Comment

A frustrating thing about getting older

Same here jerp. I have always tried to do most of the stuff around the house myself… including mechanic work. Currently I’m in the middle of painting the house inside and out.. and laying down LVP flooring eventually…. and a whole host of other renovations. I told my wife yesterday that I hope you like the colors you picked because it’s not changing again unless we move or we hire somebody. I’m too old to do this **** again![emoji23][emoji23]. This will be the last time I do a whole house renovation without paying somebody for the bigger parts….my knees are shot.
                  Last edited by Smart; 07-10-2021, 06:56 AM.

Comment

I can relate to this thread. On Thursday I tackled the "simple" job of changing out a kitchen faucet. I'm 71 and have been doing physical therapy for back and hip pain. I placed an exercise mat and a thick folded blanket on the floor and up under the sink.

I figured it would take me about an hour to get the job done. Four hours later, after about 20 trips to the shed for different tools and two trips to Lowes for valve adaptors, I finally got it done. Had to have the wife help me up off the floor a couple of times.

It's frustrating and annoying that I've let my body reach this point. I'm trying to keep the old man out but he's slowly creeping in.

My mind says "go for it", but my body says "hell no".

Comment

Originally posted by lunatic'hunter View Post
                      Forgot to add this.
                      This is exactly the way I feel today! I’m considering installing one of those roll cages in the bathroom so I can get up from the commode!

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter02 View Post
                        Dang Jerp....good on you for the dedicated attempt man. I'm 43 and noticed my vision is just slightly less sharper. My dad said that's how it all starts. Hang in there buddy.

Yep. In the same boat with this guy. It sucks!!!!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          Same here jerp. I have always tried to do most of the stuff around the house myself… including mechanic work. Currently I’m in the middle of painting the house inside and out.. and laying down LVP flooring eventually…. and a whole host of other renovations. I told my wife yesterday that I hope you like the colors you picked because it’s not changing again unless we move or we hire somebody. I’m too old to do this **** again![emoji23][emoji23]. This will be the last time I do a whole house renovation without paying somebody for the bigger parts….my knees are shot.
                          You're just a durn pup! I think I pulled a muscle yesterday...….wiping my ***!

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                            You're just a durn pup! I think I pulled a muscle yesterday...….wiping my ***!

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] … 52…. Hopefully she keeps it for 10 years plus so that’ll put me at 62 next time minimum. I’m old enough to know I won’t be doing this **** again for myself. [emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

I did this before lunch yesterday. Of course my neck feels like I’ve been squirrel huntin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot4900 View Post
                                I did this before lunch yesterday. Of course my neck feels like I’ve been squirrel huntin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                                Looks awesome. We are painting every room in the house. I really dislike painting.

Comment

Working...
                                X