Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lasik question

I had my evaluation today, @ Man eye
    The Dr. suggested making the right eye for distance and left for close.
    A question for those who have done this, what is your vision like on your sight pin?
    I am right handed and right eye dominant, I shoot compound with a peep sight

I had it done a few years ago ... right side adjusted for distance, left side nothing done.
    I can see good at distance now, where I couldn't before. It did help shooting a bow.
    Now, I have to wear cheaters to read!

Comment

I had both of my eyes done for distance as it didn't make sense to me to just have one for distance and one for close up. I had it done two years ago at 44 years of age and I immediately needed readers for up close but I can see 20/20 at distance. For the first year I had very dry eyes and constantly had to use lubricating eye drops. It got better but here in the last 2 to 3 months I'm having the same issues again so be mindful of that possibility. Also, the actual procedure itself will surprise you as it exerts a lot more pressure on your eye than I had anticipated or was told to experience. Yes I would do it again

Comment

Sounds like no issues with sight pins so far

Comment

Had one eye done and left the other one alone best thing I ever done. No problems reading or seeing the pins

Comment

After wearing contact lenses for almost 40 years, I now wear a contact lens only in my left (dominant) eye and nothing in my right. I shoot right handed and use a peep sight. I can see pretty good at distance, and can read most print without the use of cheaters, which I always had to use, when I had 2 contacts in. My sight pin is clearer without a contact lens in, as well. Lasik has interested me for years, but I just never pulled the trigger and really looked into it. That plus I'm just hesitant to drop the $$ on it at 61 years of age.

Comment

I had Cataract surgery and was asked if I wanted the near in one and far in the other, i opted for no upgrade, just the far , kick myself in the arse, as the option to have both near and far was available, but me being Mr. Cheap'o did not get,
              Wish I would of, because it is such a pain in the arse always having to put the readers on but far vision is awesome

Comment

I had both my eyes fixed years ago and it was great. The wife had what was suggested to you and she did not like it much. She always wished she would have had them both fixed for distance. She does not shoot a bow so not sure about that part.

-john

Comment

I don't know anything about eye surgery and the pros and cons of one near sighted eye and one far sighted eye. It seems like a weird concept to me but apparently it works.

Why wouldn't laser corrected 20/20 vision be able to see both near and far outta the same eye?

Comment

Having said that I've thought about seeing a Dr to get my eyes fixed up if I was a candidate.

Comment

I haven't had lasik, but I have had glasses like that. It drove me nuts. My depth perception was bad. Couldn't judge yardage at all.

Comment

had lasik about 20 years ago....left eye dominant, but aim with my right eye, which is a bit better than my left....can read with my left, but use readers now, especially in low light.....still 20/20 after all these years

Comment

My wife had this procedure about two years ago, she had quite severe myopia, after the procedure her vision was 20/20. She is 41 years old and now has to wear reading glasses although that is unavoidable for anyone.
                          for her it was something very very good to stop depending on glasses or contact lenses.

As for leaving one eye to see from afar and others to see closely, I personally consider it something strange, although I am not an expert in vision correction or eye surgery.

Good luck Sr

Comment

Originally posted by BradBryant1000 View Post
                            Why wouldn't laser corrected 20/20 vision be able to see both near and far outta the same eye?
                            You must still be a pretty young feller.

When we're young, muscles around the eye flex the eye's shape in order to focus on something either near or far equally well. But as we get older, the eye very gradually loses the flexibility that's needed to adjust focus. For most people it affects seeing close first, so we start having to wear reading glasses of ever-increasing strength. The lasik can correct for either near or far, but it unfortunately can't restore the eye's youthful flexibility.

Comment

I had mine done over a year ago. Right eye dominant for distance & the left for reading & tying knots
                              Monovision works great. After the surgery I was miserable with dry eyes. Went back & one of the PM's asked me about ocular tubes, we installed permanent ones right then & there, have had no more dryness problems until I travel out west.
                              Shooting my bow without a verifier in my peep is awesome.
                              The vision driving at night still sucks. Just have to weigh the pros & cons.

Comment

Working...
                              X