Missing elderly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Preacher Man View Post
    Officer Simmons with Pct 4 and officer Fisher with Vidor PD. Huge thanks to you gentlemen.
    X2

Glad those two were able to help, and glad you gave them a well-deserved shout out.

Comment

Glad it had a good ending.

Comment

Originally posted by brutus View Post
        Well he sure had an adventure that is over 100 miles from where he started. So glad he is ok. I would be interested in his story and where he was going. My mother had Dementia it is so scary what goes on in their minds.
        I've been trying to piece together everywhere he went and I can't do it. I was trying to wait so I could update everyone and give a detailed time line of where he was and when, but he can't remember and I don't want to be persistent with him. He feels bad enough so don't want to push it.

These are the known details.

We have video of him leaving the Denny's at I-45 and Research Forest at 9:15 AM Sunday morning. He turned south on the feeder road. He 'pinged' a license plate reader in Victoria at around 3:55 PM. Then another in Refugio at 4:45PM. Then he hit another 'ping' in Houston at 10:10 AM on Monday morning. Then I got the call from Vidor PD at around 8:15 Monday evening that he was at the Waffle house.

Helen, who works at the Waffle House, noticed that he didn't look right. He was a hot mess when we got there. However, Helen's ability to recognize a problem and then calling Vidor PD is what finally got him located.

Me and the other grand son in law were all over the place trying to find him Sunday night and into Monday. We put around 800 miles on his truck. I'm guessing we were close to him Sunday night. Unfortunately, we don't know how close.

Grand Daddy had a check up today with the Doc. Blood work and CAT scan did not show any problems. He's real tired. Still very confused. But I can still sit and have a very fluid conversation with him.

Thank you to everyone who prayed for him and for all of us. I can tell it made a huge difference. TBH is a very unique and special site. TBH prayer warriors are incredible.

God is good

Comment

Originally posted by Nova View Post
          If you can't take his car you may have to install one of those gps devices so you can find him if he takes off again.
          My father in law took his car keys away. The process of trying to find the best assisted living spot for him has started.

Comment

Prayers for Jim’s Safe Return.

Comment

I've been trying to piece together everywhere he went and I can't do it. I was trying to wait so I could update everyone and give a detailed time line of where he was and when, but he can't remember and I don't want to be persistent with him. He feels bad enough so don't want to push it.

We have video of him leaving the Denny's at I-45 and Research Forest at 9:15 AM Sunday morning. He turned south on the feeder road. He 'pinged' a license plate reader in Victoria at around 3:55 PM. Then another in Refugio at 4:45PM. Then he hit another 'ping' in Houston at 10:10 AM on Monday morning. Then I got the call from Vidor PD at around 8:15 Monday evening that he was at the Waffle house.

Helen, who works at the Waffle House, noticed that he didn't look right. He was a hot mess when we got there. However, Helen's ability to recognize a problem and then calling Vidor PD is what finally got him located.

Me and the other grand son in law were all over the place trying to find him Sunday night and into Monday. We put around 800 miles on his truck. I'm guessing we were close to him Sunday night. Unfortunately, we don't know how close.

Grand Daddy had a check up today with the Doc. Blood work and CAT scan did not show any problems. He's real tired. Still very confused. But I can still sit and have a very fluid conversation with him.

Thank you to everyone who prayed for him and for all of us. I can tell it made a huge difference. TBH is a very unique and special site. TBH prayer warriors are incredible.

God is good
              Whew!!! [emoji106] With all the evil in the world I am thankful he was found safe![emoji120]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Just got the call! He’s at the Waffle House in Vidor! We’re leaving Pearland right now
                Sounds like his appetite saved him. If he did not like to eat, no telling where he would have wound up.

Comment

God is good
                  Sounds like he took a tour of south east Texas. Maybe, went back to see his old stomping grounds from years past, who knows. I like to go back and drive the roads I used to drive many years ago. I have been wanting to driver 624 from Calallen, to Cotulla for years. I used to drive that road multiple times a week, I have not been on it in close to 30 years.
                  Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 05-19-2021, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by T-roy66 View Post
                    Prayers for Jim’s Safe Return.
                    Keep praying bud...please keep praying.

Comment

Working...
                    X