Colorado OTC Elk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colorado OTC Elk

Going on my first Colorado bow hunt in Sept. The guys I'm going with have gotten drawn a couple times but will have to do OTC this year.

Looking at OTC zones in the southern half of the state. Any suggestions on zones south of Gunnison or anywhere else for OTC?

Nobody is going to tell you where they hunt, there are elk in every unit, and much of the info you find online is no longer valid as many OTC units are now draw.

Good luck, might bump into you out there!

Oh yeah, if you haven’t been training, get after it!

Comment

The units are huge, wouldn't really matter. There also still seem to be a ton of OTC options for Antlered.

Maybe they reduced some, but unless I am reading something wrong, looks like a large number of units to choose from.

Comment

Get OnX and pick a spot. Every unit holds elk. You’d be surprised what a little time on a map can do for you. Go high in Sept.
        If you are physically prepared you will find elk. At least that’s been my experiences

Comment

lol silly goose..

Comment

Started the ol' crossfit awhile back to get prepped.

Comment

Lots of folks would give you their wife or girlfriends phone number before they gave you their otc elk hunting spot. The reason I have hunted Colorado solo in the past is because loose lips sink ships. Learn a unit, hunt it multiple years, let the pressure work for you. Shoot the first legal animal you see and have fun

Comment

Originally posted by Bulldawg87 View Post
                PM sent

Comment

A lot of the high 70s units have changed to draw this year. Check available public land.
                  Another tip

don't necessarily avoid the drought but understand it.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAgHntr View Post
                    PM sent
                    Just replied, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Bulldawg87 View Post
                      Do you also cross dress?? I would bet you would for cam hanes...

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                        Do you also cross dress?? I would bet you would for cam hanes...
                        Guess that's how you learned it all....hope he was gentle with you.

Comment

This maybe to late for you something I found while surfing.

Want to hunt elk in Colorado in 2022? Both Residents and Non-resident elk hunters can buy Elk Tags Over-the-Counter in many of Colorado's GMUs

Comment

Everyone is so secretive about “Their Spot” on public land...... Many many boots hunted “your” spot long before it was your’s and many many still are hunting it now, even though it’s “yours”. Your “secret” spot will be someone else’s secret spot this year or next year.

Comment

Maybe so but there is no need to blast drainages and units all over the internet

Comment

Working...
                              X