No announcement yet.

Claiming to be a Aggie when at Blinn??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who cares? Blinn is a feeder Juco for A&M and there's a lot of people out there with degrees from A&M that started there.

If I were a graduate of Texas A&M, I'd be less worried about a few Blinn students claiming to be Aggies and focus more on the record enrollment the Aggie admin has pushed over the last several years. I know a few Aggies that don't like that Texas A&M enrolls over 60,000 students; which is the highest enrollment out of all public universities in Texas. They feel it has taken away some of the exclusivity of having a degree from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
      As Michael Vick would say....

I've got no dog in this fight.

But if the fake Aggie thing bugs you like the fake Marine thing does me, I totally understand where you're coming from.

I've had one neighbor and one friend of a friend that have Marine Corps stickers all over their vehicle. One never made it out of boot camp and the other got an administrative discharge about 6 months into his enlistment. Probably should have been a dishonorable.

That's deserving of a jarhead arse whoopin' right there!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        First world problems....
        My exact thought reading this!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
          As the Father, of a Texas Tech grad...………………….
          Who would want to lie, about being an aggie...………..
          Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
          Why do you use so many periods? .................................................. ..
          I wonder the same thing................
          on every one of his posts....................

Comment

I know a woman whose LinkedIn says she is a graduate from UT. She went to a juco in Austin. Also got caught lying saying she was in graduate school at UH, when she wasn’t even enrolled.

That being said, Blinn team is an awesome route for a kid to take who can’t get fully enrolled at A&M. That kid prob had their heart broke when they didn’t get accepted the first time. They should be proud to be accepted into the Blinn team program and I’d say they’re an Aggie all day.

So will their parents who are paying tuition at both schools.
            Last edited by Ginja Ninja; 08-17-2020, 09:40 AM.

Comment

People are weird... get used to it.

Comment

Commerce Lions calling themselves Aggies also.....

I don't care that much. But when I hear it I say to myself "hmmmm"

Comment

Cadets aren't Aggies. Only athletes are.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Why is this even a thread? Who gives a shizz what someone calls their kid? Good grief.

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
                      Why is this even a thread? Who gives a shizz what someone calls their kid? Good grief.

Yup...

Comment

Originally posted by JustinB View Post
                        Commerce Lions calling themselves Aggies also.....

I don't care that much. But when I hear it I say to myself "hmmmm"
                        NOPE... See post 89.

I'll save you the effort of actually reading previous posts.

As stated by Burntorange, I feel that "Aggie", "Longhorn", or whatever nickname, is associated with the mascot which represents the sports program for that University. I graduated from Texas A&M University, albeit TAMU-Commerce, and I would not consider myself an Aggie. Most importantly I do however consider myself: 1) A college Graduate 2) A graduate from Texas A&M University

Comment

I've never understood the Aggie cult thing.....I would be more concerned over the liberal changes that are happening at that school. I dont think its going to be like so many of ya'll remember before to much longer.

As for the "exclusivity" of the school, for $20 anybody can dress like an Aggie by stopping by walmart or academy. Which is what so many of these threads seem to be complaining about

Comment

There is a difference in claiming to be something you’re not and supporting something. My dad never went to UT, but still supports and pulls for UT. He never tries to claim he went there though he just remembers partying kt

I also understand why it would frustrate someone who actually went to A&M. It’s similar to the stolen valor(although not as offensive obviously).

People earn the right to call themselves aggies or longhorns or whatever school they graduated from.

How would you like it if you found out the doctor who did your last prostate exam really didn’t go to school to be a doctor?

Comment

I went to Tarleton, they been a part of the A&M system for years.... But I don't claim to be an Aggie, although when folks ask "what is Tarleton" I do say "it's part of the Texas A&M system, but not in College Station".

Comment

We had an opposite reaction of sorts. We a lot of family members try to call my daughter an "Aggie" because she is graduating from TAMUCC.

Her reaction? "HELLLLLL NO!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X